Doonhamers vs The Famous, Sunday 30th August

Easy win. Lyle should never have went, however you got lucky with the penalty & the boy stamping on Zelalem.

Thought McKay & Halliday in particular were both superb today. The transformation in McKay has been outstanding.

Roll on Raith.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Easy win. Lyle should never have went, however you got lucky with the penalty & the boy stamping on Zelalem.

Thought McKay & Halliday in particular were both superb today. The transformation in McKay has been outstanding.

Roll on Raith.

Not sure how we got lucky with the pen ? Sent off for a shoulder to shoulder tackle when ball was never scoring in a million years ? Aye very lucky indeed

God, I hated that this afternoon. A bloody miserable experience.

Rangers are obviously a lot slicker than they've been in recent years, but we were still in the game at the time of the sending-off and what happened thereafter was inevitable and a little bit unbearable.

For the Lyle incident, despite it happening in front of me, I've got no idea what went on. I was flailing around like Chris Kamara, unaware of the red card at all, until Lyle skulked down the tunnel. It seems though that it was harsh, but that Lyle behaved stupidly.

I think it's clear that Madden had little confidence in his own decision, in that he then didn't send off Dowie. I couldn't tell whether or not a penalty was the right call but if it was, then it couldn't not be accompanied by a red.

The rest passed in a hideous blur, despite Smith maintaining our record of scoring against Rangers in each of our last seven meetings.

Nice to hear references to "****** b*****ds" in the 'Super Rangers' song.

Was really looking forward to a second half with a repeat of the stuff in the first. Thought Rangers played with pace and flair at times and we were still in the game.

Officials, the 4th in particular, ruined the game. Madden saw nothing. Really because there was nothing much to see. Yellow cards for BOTH players IMO.

After that it went tits up predictably. Rangers were going to win but we might have had a decent contest.

Better team won the game. Margin maybe slightly flattering but no argument with the result. They got a bit of luck with the breakaway for the opener and if Conroy keeps the head just before the break we go in 1-1.

Looking forward to seeing a number of incidents again though. Didnt think the officials did us any favours. Lyle incident looked like they should both have got the same, prob yellow. 1st penalty a bit harsh but God knows how it isnt a red if its a foul. 2nd penalty itself was fine but it comes from a free kick which appeared to be given for the boy falling over when he stood on the ball.

Rangers are a slick animal this season when they have the ball. Very impressed with Zelalam and I dont know who the guy impersonating Barrie McKay is but he looks nothing like the ineffective disinterested loan player at Raith last season. Still dodgy at the back but they will outscore most everyone.

Better team won the game. Margin maybe slightly flattering but no argument with the result. They got a bit of luck with the breakaway for the opener and if Conroy keeps the head just before the break we go in 1-1.

Looking forward to seeing a number of incidents again though. Didnt think the officials did us any favours. Lyle incident looked like they should both have got the same, prob yellow. 1st penalty a bit harsh but God knows how it isnt a red if its a foul. 2nd penalty itself was fine but it comes from a free kick which appeared to be given for the boy falling over when he stood on the ball.

Rangers are a slick animal this season when they have the ball. Very impressed with Zelalam and I dont know who the guy impetsonating Barrie McKay is but he looks nothing like the ineffective disinterested loan player at Raith last season. Still dodgy at the back but they will outscore most everyone.

Thought same skyline with the fifth goal but Hutton did foul him before he fell on the ball. Clear foul.

Would have been surprised if we had gotten anything out of today's game. rangers are a different proposition this season under new management and with the players they brought in (or without the ones they got rid of). Still thought we would have made more of a contest of it though and disappointed at the number of times we gave away possession too cheaply with poor passing, etc. Several times we had throw-ins well into the rangers' half and a few seconds later the play is up near our penalty area. By the looks of things we will have to write off the games against rangers this season, much as we had to do against Hearts last season, and concentrate on getting good results against the other fancied top teams. It is only a slight consolation that we were down to 10 men when most of the goals were conceded and two of those were penalties. Small crumbs of comfort.

The phrase 'hammer-throwers' has been tossed around on this thread with nary a trace of irony, I see. The priest who exorcised the ghosts of McCulloch and Mohsni did a cracking job.

Rangers are a slick animal this season when they have the ball. Very impressed with Zelalam and I dont know who the guy impersonating Barrie McKay is but he looks nothing like the ineffective disinterested loan player at Raith last season. Still dodgy at the back but they will outscore most everyone.

Spot on.

I'm furious with Conroy for his cowardice.

I'm also furious about the sending off, but I've yet to discover if I'm furious with the officials or Lyle, or a bit of both.

I'm definitely furious though. In fact I'm giving serious consideration to stamping my foot.

Archived