Dulwich Hamlet will not be televised

1 hour ago, doulikefish said:

National rail from London Bridge to Charlton takes about 20 mins

Couple of decent boozers beside both train stations aswell,however i used to prefer going to Brentford or Fulham

I was just about to say, you can't miss it. It's practically on the line.

I went to Charlton a couple of years ago.
Tube to North Greenwich then a 10 minute bus journey to the Anchor and Hope pub for a few pints before the game.
Train from Charlton back into London Bridge after the game.

Piece of piss.

3 hours ago, Girth said:

Orient is good as the bar is excellent. Love AFC Wimbledon. 

The bar at Wimbledon is good, the view from some parts of the ground less so, lol. 

Slightly off-topic, but on Saturday I went from Dundee to Plymouth to watch Plymouth Argyle v AFC Wimbledon. Then it turned out I was sitting next to a Dundee fan. Either you lot just are everywhere, or he wanted to be as far away from Dens Park as possible within the UK... ;) 

Edited by Marten

I was being sarcy about Charlton! 🤣🤣🤣

Welling is a good shout - great boozer there - The Door Hinge.

Daggers is good too. Very friendly club and fans.

Underhill (Barnet) was great. Not so keen on the new ground.

Not been to Hendon but I like Enfield.

Any other recommendations?

Haringey Borough's ground's been my favourite football match in London so far but that was for an "international". Can't imagine the home games being as much fun.

Also, going so hipster here even Dulwich fans will avoid me, there's a Gaelic Football league based in London and my pal "follows" it. By "following" I mean he picks the odd game to turn up to and drink cans of lager and smoke joints at. I've joined him a few times and it's fucking great. Ignore the football. Get out of yer dial at Eire Og v Wandsworth Gaels at Downhills Park in the sunshine.

Haringey Borough's ground's been my favourite football match in London so far but that was for an "international". Can't imagine the home games being as much fun.

Also, going so hipster here even Dulwich fans will avoid me, there's a Gaelic Football league based in London and my pal "follows" it. By "following" I mean he picks the odd game to turn up to and drink cans of lager and smoke joints at. I've joined him a few times and it's fucking great. Ignore the football. Get out of yer dial at Eire Og v Wandsworth Gaels at Downhills Park in the sunshine.

Borough has a pretty good atmosphere tbh now.

I’d recommend taking in a league game. FREE season ticket too. [emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️

Gaelic football!? Christ. I might check it out...

Aye. Narrowed it down to five really

Leyton Orient looks good value for a decent level (fiver for Conference)
Wealdstone (another ground I've been to but forgot to mention before) could be alright as well.
St. Albans could be alright for a wee day oot. Get a few bodies together and have a few drinks on the train up. Same goes for Whitehawk and I do love a day out in Brighton.
Someone said Fisher have a new ground so might check that out.
Hashtag United is free and closest to where I live.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
“Other clubs might say we’re all students, hipsters and a few four-letter words, but when you actually speak to them, the truth is they’re jealous,” says Morath
What a horrendous person
He's deid now too. Actually a very nice bloke though. Met him a few times at fans football tournaments.

On 23/08/2015 at 19:56, The_Kincardine said:

The f**k's happened to Clapton? I used to have a hoose in Fletching Road, E5 not far from The Pond and it was either 'leave it out me old china, you're 'aving a giraffe' or West Indian restaurants selling goat curry or tilapia. Good place to live and only 12 minutes in to Liverpool Street.

Bit late replying this. :lol: I lived round the corner from you on Thistlewaite Road for a spell, and bought a flat on Goulton Road, just down Clapton Road a bit. Great place for buying tasty stuff for an international brunch! 

On 28/07/2020 at 12:14, welshbairn said:

Bit late replying this. :lol: I lived round the corner from you on Thistlewaite Road for a spell, and bought a flat on Goulton Road, just down Clapton Road a bit. Great place for buying tasty stuff for an international brunch! 

When were you there, mate?  I was sad to leave Clapton - especially as we went to Twickenham which was pretty charmless.

On 23/08/2015 at 20:51, dorlomin said:

Clapton play just to the north of West Ham Park in Forest Gate.

Houses in actual Clapton go for £700k plus. 1 bed flats for £350k plus.

Since Welshy started it...I just checked on a property price site and the house next to ours (3 bed Edwardian terrace) sold in 2016 for £1,057,000.  We paid £120,000 for ours in 1988/9.  House price inflation in London has been mental.