The "Lets all get right behind Falkirk" thread

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I prefer to measure success by - and I can see why you shirked this challenge - actual measures of success. One admittedly small example of success would be Morton finishing runner-up at this level just three years ago after dominating much of the league. A big deal like Morton have of course enjoyed much better campaigns - though you really haven't - but it fits into your time-frame, so best placate the diddy in question here.

So that being the case... how many years has it been since Queen of the South even matched that modern and reasonably modest placing within Scottish football? 40 years? 50? 60? Ooft. Answers on the back of a (actual, Dumfries) stagecoach to the usual address please.

Good to see that you have not lost the power of deflection since your embarrassingly close championship win last season.

Anyway, are you going to provide an answer to the question I set you?

a) yes.

B) no ( instead I will try and deflect and talk about a Morton side, that my grandad is lucky to remember)

What is it to be VT?

Had you paid attention champ, you'd have noted that the discussion is actually about a side from 2012-13. Granted, you were yet again slumming it in the seaside leagues that season, but I'm sure that at least one rattle-waving diddy can cite a season where you matched that finish of a Morton side. Or indeed, the 95-96 Morton side, countless Morton sides in the 60s, 70s, 80s. Surely one Queen of the South side has reached that relatively same benchmark in living memory?

The stagecoaches haven't arrived yet though.

Now, now VT, I am sure you are just happy that your side are in the same league as Queens, never mind trying to compete.

Would you like to remind everyone how many times Morton have finished above us since you started watching them at the start of the century?

A) 100

B) 200

C) 3

D) 4000

I prefer to measure success by - and I can see why you shirked this challenge - actual measures of success. One admittedly small example of success would be Morton finishing runner-up at this level just three years ago after dominating much of the league. A big deal like Morton have of course enjoyed much better campaigns - though you really haven't - but it fits into your time-frame, so best placate the diddy in question here.

So that being the case... how many years has it been since Queen of the South even matched that modern and reasonably modest placing within Scottish football? 40 years? 50? 60? Ooft. Answers on the back of a (actual, Dumfries) stagecoach to the usual address please.

Good to see that you have not lost the power of deflection since your embarrassingly close championship win last season.

Anyway, are you going to provide an answer to the question I set you?

a) yes.

B) no ( instead I will try and deflect and talk about a Morton side, that my grandad is lucky to remember)

What is it to be VT?

Had you paid attention champ, you'd have noted that the discussion is actually about a side from 2012-13. Granted, you were yet again slumming it in the seaside leagues that season, but I'm sure that at least one rattle-waving diddy can cite a season where you matched that finish of a Morton side. Or indeed, the 95-96 Morton side, countless Morton sides in the 60s, 70s, 80s. Surely one Queen of the South side has reached that relatively same benchmark in living memory?

The stagecoaches haven't arrived yet though.

So, there we have it. The answer VT has given is: B) no (instead I will try and deflect and talk about a Morton side, that my grandad is lucky to remember).

Hardlines VT. Thanks for playing anyway.

Hibs losing Allen mat well be telling come the business end of the season as that is quite a big player to replace

St mirren haven't started all that great and hopefully that will continue

Its very possible we can challenge and even take second place in the league this year

There's absolutely no chance we'll finish lower than 2nd this year :lol:

Now, now VT, I am sure you are just happy that your side are in the same league as Queens, never mind trying to compete.

Would you like to remind everyone how many times Morton have finished above us since you started watching them at the start of the century?

A) 100

B) 200

C) 3

D) 4000

As opposed to the amount of times QOS have finished above Falkirk in 50 years

A/ 50

B/45

C/30

D/ 2

LOL so Morton bottling this league was their greatest success??

Anyway I'm on board, they've already beat us and we did them the favour of putting them out the cup so they could focus on winning the league. Come on you Queens!

We didn't bottle it. We were ahead of a pretty poor Partick side ( well, poor because of the manager ). We went on and kept on dropping points as we had done all season, and your lot went on after McNamara left and strolled to the title because you simply stopped dropping stupid points.

Archived