Celtic v St Johnstone 29/8/15

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After seeing celtics defence last night I'm going to change my prediction to 15-0 with Tam Scobbie getting clotheslined by Dave Mackay for almost costing us a goal.

A routine win would be unusual for Celtic. When they don't get refereeing decisions in their favour, we usually take something from the match. How many clear penalties claims do you need to see dismissed at Celtic Park before you finally get one these days? We are on at least three or four.

....and to think that I was even rallying round the Saints foray into Europe, until they met the mighty 10men of Alashkert. :(

We don't have a strong Tayside rival to push us m9. But that largely goes unnoticed by the media.

You wonder if the temptation will be there for the manager to go with a similar side to the one that won at Celtic in March? He can very easily select nine of the same players, continue with Shaughnessy at full back and have Craig instead of Swanson. That was one of Maclean's better performances in the second half of the season.

You wonder if the temptation will be there for the manager to go with a similar side to the one that won at Celtic in March? He can very easily select nine of the same players, continue with Shaughnessy at full back and have Craig instead of Swanson. That was one of Maclean's better performances in the second half of the season.

I'd go same team as last week but start with Wotherspoon at left mid ahead of Lappin or Craig.

The whole build up to this feels eerily similar to the build up to our cup game against Rangers when Le Guen was in charge. Can see us winning 2-1 and Deila getting the heave.

Celtic will win this by a good few goals unfortunately. Saints will be lucky to keep it under three or four as Celtic will be out to save face and shut a few people up.

Why on earth do Saint Johnstone persist with Wotherspoon?

Probably the same reason you persist to post on all things St Johnstone

Archived