Time for a New Manager at the Glebe?

Agree with above comments ! Players out of position etc ain t helping cause ! Needing a scorer though for all Jacko and Thommos hard work they don t score too much and that's what it's all about !! Can t see any midfielder chipping in with 10 goals or so either. Hard game this week then derby game which may actually be the type of game we re needing to bring players outta there shells!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't see Brechin being promotion contenders this season. It will be a season of transition but they will come good. They lost a few of their better players and big Dodsy was brought in very late in the close season to really establish himself in time. Dods and Brechin will improve during the season I believe and hopefully be comfortably away from relegation. If Darren turns out to be the manager I think he'll be and the Brechin board back him then next season they'll be back challenging. Good days will be back (though hopefully not in games against the Loons - the best team in Angus).

Being a long distance fan and only seeing Brechin a couple of times a season, I was shocked to see how much of a long ball team we've become. I couldn't understand why we were hoofing long balls INTO a strong wind at Cliftonhill on Saturday (and not even managing to do that very well). Apart from Thomson we are not blessed with tall players. One of the few times we did play the ball along the ground and we end up getting and scoring a penalty. Why did it not click with Dods that this was the way to go?

Just by looking at Dods in his interviews after the game makes me think he is a beaten man already, always looking depressingly down at the floor rather that the interviewer and saying 'disappointed' regularly. I feel sorry for the guy and I think most of us want to see him do well but i'm afraid the clock is ticking already.

Being a long distance fan and only seeing Brechin a couple of times a season, I was shocked to see how much of a long ball team we've become. I couldn't understand why we were hoofing long balls INTO a strong wind at Cliftonhill on Saturday (and not even managing to do that very well). Apart from Thomson we are not blessed with tall players. One of the few times we did play the ball along the ground and we end up getting and scoring a penalty. Why did it not click with Dods that this was the way to go?

Just by looking at Dods in his interviews after the game makes me think he is a beaten man already, always looking depressingly down at the floor rather that the interviewer and saying 'disappointed' regularly. I feel sorry for the guy and I think most of us want to see him do well but i'm afraid the clock is ticking already.

Ray used to resort to long high balls too when things were not working and I can only ever recall it working once in a game against Forfar when Jacko was quicker ! We played well in a 15 min spell v Pars and it was all nice passing moves ! In fact we overdid it at times !

Paul McLean, Ross Perry, David Weatherston and Dene Shields are all out injured currently with Graeme Smith missing the last 2 games through suspension. When fit, all 5 would arguably be in our starting 11. That's no excuse for just how bad we've been so far however.

We obviously lost other big players in the summer, just that Barr and Trouten in particular have never been replaced. They were both match winners. Colin Hamilton, Gerry McLauchlan and Callum Tapping also left who would have been important players for us if they stayed.

EDIT: beaten to it. Cold feet has summed it up.

This will be like winning the fucking lottery, enjoy.

I'd say, if after 7 or 8 League games, you're still going along... shipping goals, scoring just about none,

then something must change. Personally, I think it's just about an impossible shout in this league

for someone to be a player/manager.

I'd say, if after 7 or 8 League games, you're still going along... shipping goals, scoring just about none,

then something must change. Personally, I think it's just about an impossible shout in this league

for someone to be a player/manager.

He said at our AGM that he didn't intend to play. Bad luck with injuries have forced him into the team.

I posed the question at the time as to whether 2 of a coaching staff was enough. They might have got away with it if Dods didn't have to play , but they are definitely missing an inspirational figure on the touchline. Lee Bailey has no one really to bounce ideas off at the moment and looks a bit lost.

It is a wee bit unfair to judge the guy without him having a chance to play his strongest team . To be honest they looked a no bad side in pre season when the likes of Pabs and Sheilds were playing. ......Even Buchan looked decent. It is amazing what happens though when the confidence goes. No one wants to take responsibility and everyone just wants rid of the ball quickly, Dods included.

Hopefully they get a bit of luck on Saturday against Farfar and can kick start the season from there.

Seemingly it was an early shout when this topic started, but when is enough, enough? 10 games, 20 games?

Inc cup games I make it...

Played: 7

Won: 0

Drawn: 0

Lost: 7

For: 4

Against: 19

Please wait until we have our 12 point quota, then go for it. Just dont do replacement immediately before a Pars game. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived