Time for a New Manager at the Glebe?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

0-2 at half time against Airdrie. Altogether a shocking start to the season. Brechin are a tidy wee team but they are heading for relegation at this rate.

Is it time for Darren Dods to go?

We are absolute mince we re not playing as a team but this ll change over next few months ! Give the man a chance , once he gets settled team he ll be first to drop himself and maybe be easier to boss from sidelines !

Player/managers are just a horrible idea in general.

Dods strikes me as the kind of guy who will do well in the dugout but maybe a couple of years down the line. The danger is he gets forced in too early here, utterly bombs and is never seen again. May well be a waste for all concerned.

Brechin are far from a "tidy wee team". They are blunt and slow and we made them look better than they were after McAleer went off.

Doesn't say much for Airdrie then, other than the two goals I thought they offered next to nothing. We had numerous players out meaning we had a 2nd choice keeper in, a central midfielder playing right back and Tiffoney out of position at left back yet I only recall Airdrie having two chances. City didn't look up to much but they looked the more likely to do something 2nd half.

When I saw Brechin last week they looked like a team that had set out to frustrate teams and stop them playing rather than trying to play their own way, This could be damage limitation as Dods is trying to find his feet...........or he is just hopeless.

3 games isn't much time but the first Roberts GTF thread was started at the start of September in his first season, it was obvious to a lot of people he simply wasn't up to the job.

Remember he inherited a squad of 6 with only 3 weeks before 1st proper game !!! He s made some decent signings who will in time find their feet ! I do agree we do look slow and devoid of ideas at times but he's nvr been able to field his strongest 11 yet so he ll have to be given time ! I agree with Steve !Airdrie were a poor poor team also but we nvr looked like winning so that's shows how much works to be done yet! It's gonna be frustrating and painful at times but I'm sure we ll get there !

3 games in? Behave!

Not 3 games in.

Yes three games into the league and lost the lot. Also out of the Petrofac Cup and out of the League cup. Three goals scored in the 5 competitive games and 15 lost.

Not 3 games in.

Yes three games into the league and lost the lot. Also out of the Petrofac Cup and out of the League cup. Three goals scored in the 5 competitive games and 15 lost.

As we are work in progress , I am willing to wait until our strongest squad is fit and playing together then decide if we are good enough. On Saturday we had 2 signed players on the bench , the rest were trialists.

Some new managers have an easy run at the start with a full squad to choose from. Darren has not had his troubles to seek from day 1. 6 players signed just 3 weeks before the first competitive game is hardly the best preparation for an experienced manager .....let alone one on his first managerial job. (and one forced to play himself when he should be assessing things on the sidelines) Add in the injuries to key players and our keeper acting the c**t at Ayr and there lies the scenario so far.

As you stated , the stats are horrendous but the realists amongst us know that Darren is desperate to succeed and that it is early days . If things don't improve when the full squad is available then I am sure questions will be asked.

As we are work in progress , I am willing to wait until our strongest squad is fit and playing together then decide if we are good enough. On Saturday we had 2 signed players on the bench , the rest were trialists.

Some new managers have an easy run at the start with a full squad to choose from. Darren has not had his troubles to seek from day 1. 6 players signed just 3 weeks before the first competitive game is hardly the best preparation for an experienced manager .....let alone one on his first managerial job. (and one forced to play himself when he should be assessing things on the sidelines) Add in the injuries to key players and our keeper acting the c**t at Ayr and there lies the scenario so far.

As you stated , the stats are horrendous but the realists amongst us know that Darren is desperate to succeed and that it is early days . If things don't improve when the full squad is available then I am sure questions will be asked.

I hope they turn it around. Always enjoy taking the lad to a match at the Glebe.

I firmly believe that once we have our key players back we will start to pick up results and pull away from trouble. On Saturday against Airdrie only one defender (McCormack) is likely to continue with Smith, McLean, Perry and (hopefully) Dyer to come in.

The sooner Dene Shields comes back the better. He looked tremendous in pre-season and will be one of the best players in the league without a shadow of doubt.

I firmly believe that once we have our key players back we will start to pick up results and pull away from trouble. On Saturday against Airdrie only one defender (McCormack) is likely to continue with Smith, McLean, Perry and (hopefully) Dyer to come in.

The sooner Dene Shields comes back the better. He looked tremendous in pre-season and will be one of the best players in the league without a shadow of doubt.

He plays for Sevco.

Archived