Shettleston vs St Rochs

Lmbhoy85

No I doubt you will hear it at petershill and that's the point I'm trying to make. These guys are only there bcos they saw somewhere or heard St rochs are playing the town and came along to cause it. I'm assuming they come from nearby and if it had been vale of Clyde v St rochs then they would have been there so I suggest you take Shettleston out the firing line and discuss why these comments / shouts are made in first place . If Shettleston FC were to have any political or religious connections or any ties to a senior club then I would think it would be the other big team in the east end so to assume these guys are associated with us is wrong. Anyone can pay their money and enter any junior park.

I've said it before, it'll end in tragedy for some poor family, when their kid doesn't come home and the only chance the family get to see them, is lying dead, through a window.

Like it or not, you will attract the polar opposites, and some day someone will be full of whizz or booze or both and will be tooled up for carnage.

Just don't forget where you are, and I was a hoops man tae.

Thankfully, I saw the light????

Funnily enough there was probably more Candy supporters at the Petershill v Shettleston game tonight than there were Town fans.

I wonder if David2515 made it along.

I'll be certainly be interested to read his eye witness blow by blow account of the game.

He could maybe give me the raffle numbers.

Funnily enough there was probably more Candy supporters at the Petershill v Shettleston game tonight than there were Town fans.

I wonder if David2515 made it along.

I'll be certainly be interested to read his eye witness blow by blow account of the game.

He could maybe give me the raffle numbers.

Unfortunately I couldn't attend tonight as I was working until after kick off so therefor I can't give you a blow by blow account or the raffle numbers. If you're that interested then why don't you ask on the Shettleston or Petershill Twitter and I'm sure they will inform you.

Take your fishing rod elsewhere.

So anyway the past is past.

And since we're all Junior fans at heart i'll extend the hand of friendship to David and invited him along to Jimmy McGrory Park in Provanmill the next time he's off work to take in a game.

I'll happily pay his entrance money and throw in a few free drinks of his choice.

Btw, i'll put no time limit on it.

If David wants to wait till the next time Shettleston plays the Candy then that's fine too.

St Rochs need to get a grip of this. Weather they like it or not, weather there fault or not they are going to attract this kind of stuff. Fair enough celebrate your area and tradition but don't Chuck it into people's faces. End of the day a lot of them are kids they may well piss off sooner rather than later and it's St Rochs the club who need to live with the reputation.

If they can't sort it out they should bugger off to Sunday morning pub football.

Incidentally i have been a Celtic fan all my life and always had a soft spot for the candy but it's time folk moved on, it's 2015.

The young boys from the candy had nothing to do with any of the chants as I was one of the 4 there and we played no part in it

We know that pal...it was the so called older heads from both sides...time this thread was put to bed I think and all the best for the coming season,got a good team there..

Thanks to Shettleston for the hospitality on Saturday and congratulations on the win.

The lads who were causing it DID NOT represent the Town - agree we should put this to bed.

Looking forward to organising charity game v Shettleston for the Network Cup and both clubs appreciate the support we get from mutual sponsor.

All the best for season Town

• 6 years later...