P&B Top trumps

T Jenkins

Not exactly sure how this would work- but I suggest that someone with more brains than me could figure out a format?

It would work like the normal Top Trumps game with each card (or poster) being rated in the following categories.All marks are out of ten. So for instance.

T Jenkins

Likeability - 5

Humour- 6

Box office status - 0

Satire- 3

Quality- 7

Research - 0

Intelligence -9.99

That's a I've got. Someone else can run with this idea.

If you like Top Trumps, you should come to me. I've got about five different sets. Don't try to beat me at Monster Trucks, though, 'cos you won't. My speciality. I would know what cards you've got immediately just through what cards I've got. I used to play it by myself, with a dummy hand just testing out every different scenario of which cards would beat which other cards for hours, sometimes three or four at a time. But put in the work, the rewards are obvious. So I'd know exactly what card you've got in your hand from what cards I've got and I would know, probability wise, exactly what feature to pick on my card to defeat, statistically, any card that you could have in your hand at that precise moment. You will never win.

Could still be fun, though.

If you like Top Trumps, you should come to me. I've got about five different sets. Don't try to beat me at Monster Trucks, though, 'cos you won't. My speciality. I would know what cards you've got immediately just through what cards I've got. I used to play it by myself, with a dummy hand just testing out every different scenario of which cards would beat which other cards for hours, sometimes three or four at a time. But put in the work, the rewards are obvious. So I'd know exactly what card you've got in your hand from what cards I've got and I would know, probability wise, exactly what feature to pick on my card to defeat, statistically, any card that you could have in your hand at that precise moment. You will never win.

I used to have the same knowledge of "super cars" mind you, that's when the Lamborghini Countache was top trump in most categories, closely followed by the Rolls Royce Camargue.

It could be fun, but if Jesus becomes a member, we are screwed!!

Perfectly executed. :lol:

Not exactly sure how this would work- but I suggest that someone with more brains than me could figure out a format?

It would work like the normal Top Trumps game with each card (or poster) being rated in the following categories.All marks are out of ten. So for instance.

T Jenkins

Likeability - 5

Humour- 6

Box office status - 0

Satire- 3

Quality- 7

Research - 0

Intelligence -9.99

That's a I've got. Someone else can run with this idea.

Minus 9.99 intelligence ?

Fits like a feckin' glove.....

gareth-headshot-o.gif

Can I apologise to the massive amount of P&B that replied to this thread- it was conceived in a fit of pique & drunkenness. Reading it back, I have no idea why I thought it might catch on or indeed why it seemed like a good idea. I'll now confine myself to thinking about P&B Monopoly and how I can bring it to the masses.

Fear not, the idea is only in it's infancy, and will likely take years to get through all the legal rigmarole with the Scottie Dog who I believe owns the rights.

In short, I made a fool of myself.

Archived