By election updates

Mr Rational

Was this not meant to be a tight race between the SNP and the Tories?

I saw on Twitter that the turn out was 38%, which is some going for a council by-election.

Yes it was, not sure how the labour vote held up though so it could be that the Tories weren't that far off either.

Not really had any other info so far which sucks... if it keeps going on though I am going to be stuck with my kids when I finish work in a bit so my wife can go along to the rest of the count.

And the SNP have won the other ward in Aberdeen with over 50% of the vote in the first round too.

Shit is getting real - 5 wins confirmed already. Be as well handing them the trophy now IMO.

Edited by Kyle

Great set of results for the SNP. Very encouraging for Tories, vote share appears to be up ~5% in most seats. Awful, but expected, for Labour.

I wonder if Scot Tories positioning themselves as the only Unionist party is winning round other non-Tory Unionist voters.

Am surprised with that result the SNP are pretty much untouchable in any kind of election just now.

He's the incumbent. Couldn't possibly comment on his popularity/standing in the community but if he's a good councillor, that should always come first ahead of whatever party he represents.

Some figures from today's results;

Stirling East (Stirling) first preferences: SNP - 45.2% (+8.3) LAB - 37.7% (-11.9) CON - 11.8% (+3.1) GRN - 5.2% (+0.5)

George Street / Harbour (Aberdeen) result: SNP - 51.2% (+17.5) LAB - 26.1% (-5.4) CON - 10.4% (+3.7) GRN - 7.2% (-0.1) LDEM - 5.1% (-4.7)

Midstocket / Rosemount (Aberdeen) result: SNP - 40.9% (+2.0) CON - 23.6% (+9.8) LAB - 21.2% (-11.2) LDEM - 8.3% (+2.0) GRN - 6.0% (-0.4)
SNP and the Tories up in all 3, labour down (and not insignificantly)
Linlithgow at the third round of votes at their count, but SNP are around 1000 ahead of labour who are in second.

He's the incumbent. Couldn't possibly comment on his popularity/standing in the community but if he's a good councillor, that should always come first ahead of whatever party he represents.

Some figures from today's results;

Stirling East (Stirling) first preferences: SNP - 45.2% (+8.3) LAB - 37.7% (-11.9) CON - 11.8% (+3.1) GRN - 5.2% (+0.5)

George Street / Harbour (Aberdeen) result: SNP - 51.2% (+17.5) LAB - 26.1% (-5.4) CON - 10.4% (+3.7) GRN - 7.2% (-0.1) LDEM - 5.1% (-4.7)

Midstocket / Rosemount (Aberdeen) result: SNP - 40.9% (+2.0) CON - 23.6% (+9.8) LAB - 21.2% (-11.2) LDEM - 8.3% (+2.0) GRN - 6.0% (-0.4)

SNP and the Tories up in all 3, labour down (and not insignificantly)

Linlithgow at the third round of votes at their count, but SNP are around 1000 ahead of labour who are in second.

Tories up in 3 wtf.