By election updates

Mr Rational

There seems to be ones left right and centre just now so it would be good to have an overall thread for the country.

I'm canvassing In the Leith one, good responses on the doors, there's two seats and it's unrealistic to think they both will go yellow, so I'm hoping for a green as well. Labour have the other two seats so it would be good to spread the mix so to speak.

There seems to be ones left right and centre just now so it would be good to have an overall thread for the country.

I'm canvassing In the Leith one, good responses on the doors, there's two seats and it's unrealistic to think they both will go yellow, so I'm hoping for a green as well. Labour have the other two seats so it would be good to spread the mix so to speak.

Reported for homophobia, it's bi- election.

One thing that's changed is the final question in the canvass. Well by that I mean it has been put back in as it wasn't asked for the Westminster election.

Do you believe Scotland should be an independent country?

Now I'm fairly experienced in canvassing, I've been doing it off and on for 20 years now and for the first time, I'm actually uncomfortable asking it. It feels too soon and folk have said as much. They also said that if there was a change in circumstances like being pulled out of the EU or interestingly if Holyrood had powers removed, then yes, it should be revisited but otherwise, no not at the moment.

And when labour was mentioned (not by me) there was outright hostility, Brown and the Vow was their main target. It looks like the steam of anger has not went away.....

• 1 month later...

Labour vote significantly down in both declarations so far.

In days gone by Glenrothes would have been as solidly labour as any of the lanarkshire rotten boroughs.

Took Peter Grant mp 11 elections to get on the council

Just to clarify for "foreigners" outside Ayrshire, Irvine Valley does not actually include Irvine. It's Galston, Newmilns and Darvel. Possibly Hurlford as well though I'm not sure.

None of these words mean anything to me.

Also, valley? Get it sorted out Fide we have any number of words in Scots we can be using instead of valley.