Sigh. I was lurking on a book I wanted on ebay and forgot the close time for bidding. It went for £3.99 with free delivery.

Bit depressed.

I've changed my eBay strategy because of that. I go in early with my absolute maximum price. Generally the lurkers come in late and bid below it so I still win. Means I don't worry about it until my phone makes a wee noise.

I won a run of NM Planet Hulk comics on New Years Day, (why let it finish then?). Put my bid in early and won them all for £8.50. Great New Year since Hulk #92 alone is worth 3 times as much at least on it's own.

I've changed my eBay strategy because of that. I go in early with my absolute maximum price. Generally the lurkers come in late and bid below it so I still win. Means I don't worry about it until my phone makes a wee noise.

I won a run of NM Planet Hulk comics on New Years Day, (why let it finish then?). Put my bid in early and won them all for £8.50. Great New Year since Hulk #92 alone is worth 3 times as much at least on it's own.

Bet the seller was raging though :lol:

• 5 months later...

I'm not a massive comic book fan but I do enjoy reading the occasional comic series or graphic novel.

I've read Preacher, Y The Last Man, most of Fables and most of the Walking Dead but I recently started reading Garth 'Preacher' Ennis' The Boys and by Christ does he push the 'good taste' boundaries with this comic.

Superheroes are basically all twisted sexual deviants, superhero initiations that involve sooking everyone off, people muffdiving on rag week, bulldogs shagging auld grannies poodles.......in short it is magnificent stuff and the main character Hughie Campbell is Scottish. (I actually know a 'Shooey' Campbell) :lol:

Anyone into that Japanese Manga stuff? I just got a wee job lot of them to sell for someone - Kingdom Hearts, Vampire Knight, Black Cat. Don't know if I can be arsed reading them before they're sold, but I'm sort of curious if they're any good.

I'd never actually seen any Manga before; they're like novels in comparison to the Western pamphlets :mellow:

Anyone into that Japanese Manga stuff? I just got a wee job lot of them to sell for someone - Kingdom Hearts, Vampire Knight, Black Cat. Don't know if I can be arsed reading them before they're sold, but I'm sort of curious if they're any good.

I'd never actually seen any Manga before; they're like novels in comparison to the Western pamphlets :mellow:

I've flicked through some of the books in the library just out of interest, the people that like it do seem to REALLY like it but it's not for me!

My local library has tonnes of them yet i don't know anyone that reads them.......although that's not saying much since most of my friends have never read a book of any kind, Philistines the lot of 'em!!

I'm quite into comics but I tend to buy them as collected editions rather than individual issues. The book that started it all off for me was "the life of captain marvel" which is a great story involving most of the Marvel universe and has Thanos as the main villain. Great stuff.

The rarest thing I own is probably the Jamie Hewlett illustrated version of Pulp's "common people". There weren't many copies and it's collectable to both comics and music geeks.

I'm quite into comics but I tend to buy them as collected editions rather than individual issues. The book that started it all off for me was "the life of captain marvel" which is a great story involving most of the Marvel universe and has Thanos as the main villain. Great stuff.

...plus the opposite number to the one you got; "The Death of Captain Marvel" is one of the all-time classic Marvel Graphic Novels. Definitely worth a read if you haven't already.

Hadn't read a comic I'm over a year but decided to buy Marvels. It gets great review but I didn't really enjoy it. I liked the idea that it was from a photographers perspective but I just couldn't get into it. Also I've decided that I don't like Alex Ross artwork. It looks good in the odd picture but not for an entire comic. It gets annoying after a while.

Edited by MattBairn