Does anyone else still read comic books? I have always read comics since I got Death's Head #1 in 1988 and it got me hooked. The general perception of comics is that they are childish and yet they account for the most popular moves at the box office and some of the most popular TV, (such as Walking Dead).

As a genre, I think the storytelling has to be exceptional just due to the stigma which surrounds them. I am currently reading Saga from Brian K Vaughn and Sandman Overture from Gaiman. As well as dipping back into years worth of Marvel stuff in particular.

Does anyone else on here share this passion or is it like school where everyone points and laughs?

I think the last time I read a comic book was in the late Eighties, when I read a Batman compilation culminating in the Joker bumping off Robin. I mind it being quality, but I was ten at the time. Can't say I'd judge an adult who still liked them unless it's all they could talk about, but that's the same with anything.

Main thing I wanted to ask was if anyone else read this bad boy; best comic I ever read, and only lasted for fifteen issues. There's a tribute website here. Still have a couple of issues that I found at an old bookshop twenty years ago; God knows what happened to my original collection :(

Scream_1.jpg

I've been slowly building a Batman collection over the last 3 or 4 years. The only one outside that character is Watchmen, which I got free with the dvd.

I've got a nice copy of Watchmen #1. Not massively into Batman though, prefer Spider-man myself.

I think the last time I read a comic book was in the late Eighties, when I read a Batman compilation culminating in the Joker bumping off Robin. I mind it being quality, but I was ten at the time. Can't say I'd judge an adult who still liked them unless it's all they could talk about, but that's the same with anything.

Main thing I wanted to ask was if anyone else read this bad boy; best comic I ever read, and only lasted for fifteen issues. There's a tribute website here. Still have a couple of issues that I found at an old bookshop twenty years ago; God knows what happened to my original collection :(

Scream_1.jpg

Loved Scream. I was given hand me down copies by an older mate. Great comic.

I've got a slightly ridiculous graphic novel collection. The bird says I have to stop buying them...

Loved Scream. I was given hand me down copies by an older mate. Great comic.

I've got a slightly ridiculous graphic novel collection. The bird says I have to stop buying them...

My wife goes mental at my comic and graphic novel purchases. I subscribed to the Marvel graphic novel collection which was bloomin excellent. Not sure about the DC one, I think I'll just cherry pick.

I got the Absolute Sandman/Death leather bound books on Christmases etc and these are the nicest things ever put to print. Bit pricey though.

My wife goes mental at my comic and graphic novel purchases. I subscribed to the Marvel graphic novel collection which was bloomin excellent. Not sure about the DC one, I think I'll just cherry pick.

I got the Absolute Sandman/Death leather bound books on Christmases etc and these are the nicest things ever put to print. Bit pricey though.

Ooft, they are nice. I couldn't justify getting them, as I have the trades already, but would love them.

Not sure what my most extravagant book is... I tend to try and grab bargains as best as possible. I have the Graphitti designs version of Watchmen from the 80s, which is pretty nice.

290300409385-1.jpg

Ooft, they are nice. I couldn't justify getting them, as I have the trades already, but would love them.

Not sure what my most extravagant book is... I tend to try and grab bargains as best as possible. I have the Graphitti designs version of Watchmen from the 80s, which is pretty nice.

290300409385-1.jpg

Honestly, they are worth the money. The books themselves are a terrific read as I'm sure you know but the treatment artwork gets is beautiful and the extra bits and pieces are fascinating.

The don't half look cracking on a shelf either! :wub:

I'm a bargain hunter for most books too. I get a lot on Amazon book exchange and even bought a couple for a penny plus postage.

I used to read 2000AD and had a huge stack of them from No 1 - ? Hundreds can't remember the amount. When I got married and moved out of my parents house they sat in my bedroom cupboard for years.

Yip the old dear chucked them out in the rubbish when she cleared out my room. I think they might've been worth some cash. Hey ho.

I used to read 2000AD and had a huge stack of them from No 1 - ? Hundreds can't remember the amount. When I got married and moved out of my parents house they sat in my bedroom cupboard for years.

Yip the old dear chucked them out in the rubbish when she cleared out my room. I think they might've been worth some cash. Hey ho.

My mum did this too with loads of my comics. The cow was smiling when she told me as she thought she'd done me a favour.

My brother gave me a big box of Starblazer when I was a teenager, the DC Thomson publication that Grant Morrison worked on. After a few years my mum gave the box to her pals kid Who wasn't interested in the slightest and gave them away to his pals and generally destroyed the collection.

Found out when I asked where the box was.