• 2 weeks later...

Bump.

I'm now subscribed to the DC graphic novels collection - couldn't resist. I see that they are re-releasing the Marvel one which has pissed me off a bit as apparently they are updating it with some newer comics.

Do you have a burd Killienick? What does she have as a hobby and what does she think about yours? Just interested.

I have been married for 10 years this year and she hates comic books. She just tends to read off the shelf pish from the Supermarket.

As for her hobbies, she's doing some weird thing just now with a craft knife cutting intricate shapes in paper to make cards for birthdays etc. Each to their own I suppose.

How can you afford to eat? That thing costs a fortune!

It's horrific isn't it? He's got about 8 figures but he's only allowed into about a quarter of the game until he buys more - scam!

Not as bad as Skylanders though.

I don't feel so bad about posting in the gaming forum all of a sudden.

At least comics can be turned into decent movies!  :P

I've returned to Fables after getting a bit fed up with it, seems a bit padded out and lightweight after reading Transmetropolitan and The Boys.

At least comics can be turned into decent movies!  :P

I think the point is that games can't be improved by being turned into movies   8)

Anyway, are we just talking about the American comics? I used to have every issue of this bad boy when I was a wean. One of the many things I never should have parted with; what a cracker!

Scream+comic+2.jpg

I think the point is that games can't be improved by being turned into movies   8)

Anyway, are we just talking about the American comics? I used to have every issue of this bad boy when I was a wean. One of the many things I never should have parted with; what a cracker!

Scream+comic+2.jpg

I loved Scream when I was wee. Horror comics were great back then and there were always great horror sections in 2000AD as well. I had my issue 1 of Scream with the free gift until I left home when it mysteriously vanished with many more of my books.

Decent condition copies of Scream, especially if gifts are attached, go for decent cash these days. 

The Dracula teeth weren't attached with my copy but I kept them on my shelf of 'stuff' for years. My mum took a black bag to my room and I lost everything from Dandys to 2000AD.

The comics I miss the most from that incident are my 2000ADs. I had some Rogue Trooper in there and some horror stuff which was tremendous.

Frank Millar - The Dark Knight Returns.

First published in 85 (I think) it said to be the first reimagining of a darker, grittier Batman (in contrast to the camp 60s version). I quite enjoyed it. I get why it's so respected if it reimagined Batman and was original in its day but I'm not sure how good the actual story / writing is. As I said I enjoyed it but think it's probably over rated. There were a few panels where it wasn't exactly clear what was going on and it's a little corny at times. Maybe it's just not aged as well as some think or maybe I'm being overly harsh.

7 out of 10. Still a very solid score.

Edited by MattBairn