The Ferry boys v Super Ayr

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to my first home game of the season. Expect a reaction from Stranraer after last Saturday. Wasn't at the game but from the highlights we seemed to carry plenty of threat going forward but look vulnerable at the back. Keenan is only young and may well get better (thinking of the likes of Fraser Wright and Stephen Noble here) but does worry me as being a bit suspect, especially positionally. Not sure if Cairney will come in or not. Our weak area is probably right midfield following Sean Winter's surprise departure. McGuigan has played last 3 games there and did ok at Cowdenbeath but not sure it's his best position (am sure Albion Rovers fans said it was however I saw him through middle pre season v Dumbarton and he was outstanding) and an unfit Cairney was terrible there at Queens. He doesn't seem to have the pace to play wide? These two really look more central options so with Longworth and Malcolm there's 4 players for 2 places in a front 2 or Cairney/Longworth playing deeper. However that's based on us bringing in another wide player, ideally with pace, to compliment Andy Stirling on the other side. A must get addition in my view if we are to push on for top 4. Obviously we've had the Indian sign over Ayr for most of last 2 seasons with a fair few easy wins but they are unquestionably stronger having signed pretty well. That said their league performances haven't matched their early cup ones. So all in expect a tight game that could go either way though would marginally favour Stranraer to nick it 2-1.

Would be interesting to know what sort of reception Reidy will get from our fans. I'd hope it would be atleast lukewarm.

Doubt it will be worse than Stranraer fans gave him at end of Peterhead game

One of them shouted "worse performance in 2 years Reid" last Saturday

Doubt it will be worse than Stranraer fans gave him at end of Peterhead game

One of them shouted "worse performance in 2 years Reid" last Saturday

Scathing.

McCall said that Forrest was on the bench against Rangers because he was going to start on Saturday.

Guessing he doesn't want to overplay Forrest so close to his hernia op. Probably a wise move.

Archived