Muirkirk 2015/15

Kirky442

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unlucky on Saturday for the boys. In the end a draw was a fair result. I believe we started the better team hitting the woodwork twice. I thought Craigmark had the better of the second half but we finished the stronger and could have nicked it. Craigmark are a decent side tbh

Hi thought I would end my 2 year exile from P&B lol, I'm Boab and along with Bevy take the u19's crop of players currently at Muirkirk. Would just like to thank the club, the management team and the supporters for how our boys have been received and treated long may it continue.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Took in the friendly v Troon on Saturday. I know it was only a friendly but it was against top flight opposition. 2 nil defeat with one goal being a very dubious penalty. Troon moved the ball well but the boys harried them all he way. No games for ages hasn't helped anyone and it was a great work out.

Don't think there can be a complaint about yesterdays result, huge congratulations for a fight back in last 10 minutes and for a bold move by the management team for going 2 at the back. Every game is a learning game and the boys could have folded but encouragement from the side-lines and the will to get something out the game drove the boys on.

• 1 month later...

The highs and lows of Junior football has hit home for the young squad. A fantastic performace and a win on Wednesday night v Kello and a day of nothing going for them and a defeat on Saturday against Cragmark. Tonight they get a chance to pick themselves up away to Dalry. A tricky match to say the least.

I would like to point out that as Manager of Kilwinning Rangers 19's the current management team are curtailed in certain ways for his team selection. Muirkirk have a 11 of my players on dual contracts, this partnership has been in place since the beginning of the season and at the time agreements were made that the public will not be aware of. Unfortunately with this many players playing for a sucessful u19's team certain problems arise at this time of the season. Kilwinning Rangers u19's have just won the Wm Taylor Cup, are 1 result away from becoming league winners, play a final on 7th May and unbeaten in the league cup. The boys are playing for 4 pieces of silverware and are capable of winning all 4.

George being the man he is understands the importance of these games for the young lads and has bent over backwards to ensure the players are protected, however as evident after the horrific (assault) tackle on my centre forward on Saturday things happen in football and every one of my players that are Georges players want to play 90 minutes every game for both teams, but since last Saturday these boys have played Saturday, Wed, Thurs, Sat then tonight (our game off yesterday) a LOT of football no matter what stage of your career your at.

This would not be possible without a sound working partnership and a football head like Georges. I personally cant wait until next season where these restrictions are no longer in place. The boys will battle to secure points the remainder of the season but with a full pre season behind them and some experienced signings the only way is up.

The highs and lows of Junior football has hit home for the young squad. A fantastic performace and a win on Wednesday night v Kello and a day of nothing going for them and a defeat on Saturday against Cragmark. Tonight they get a chance to pick themselves up away to Dalry. A tricky match to say the least.

I would like to point out that as Manager of Kilwinning Rangers 19's the current management team are curtailed in certain ways for his team selection. Muirkirk have a 11 of my players on dual contracts, this partnership has been in place since the beginning of the season and at the time agreements were made that the public will not be aware of. Unfortunately with this many players playing for a sucessful u19's team certain problems arise at this time of the season. Kilwinning Rangers u19's have just won the Wm Taylor Cup, are 1 result away from becoming league winners, play a final on 7th May and unbeaten in the league cup. The boys are playing for 4 pieces of silverware and are capable of winning all 4.

George being the man he is understands the importance of these games for the young lads and has bent over backwards to ensure the players are protected, however as evident after the horrific (assault) tackle on my centre forward on Saturday things happen in football and every one of my players that are Georges players want to play 90 minutes every game for both teams, but since last Saturday these boys have played Saturday, Wed, Thurs, Sat then tonight (our game off yesterday) a LOT of football no matter what stage of your career your at.

This would not be possible without a sound working partnership and a football head like Georges. I personally cant wait until next season where these restrictions are no longer in place. The boys will battle to secure points the remainder of the season but with a full pre season behind them and some experienced signings the only way is up.

How many of these lads will the Buffs hold onto next season ?

How many of these lads will the Buffs hold onto next season ?

We are not with the buffs. We became a stand alone team when the committee decided to cut ties with us at the start of the season, these things happen. These boys signed for me, some have been with me for years and I can guarantee that each and every one of them have enjoyed being with Muirkirk and would relish another season with them. I've drummed into them from day one your only 18 a baby in Junior terms, dont get ahead of yourselves, spend a couple seasons in the ADL learn your trade. It will make them or break them. However, no matter who the manager asks to stay I'm more than sure they will all be happy.

There will be no buffs team next year as I'm retiring after 25 years in youth football. I'll retire knowing that the boys have moved on and I'm happy with that. My management partner Alan Beveridge is part of the coaching staff at Muirkirk now having worked with George in the past so there is continuity for the boys. It will be a sad day when the final day comes but hopefully the boys can add another 2 cups and a league to the cup we have won already send us off on a high.

We are not with the buffs. We became a stand alone team when the committee decided to cut ties with us at the start of the season, these things happen. These boys signed for me, some have been with me for years and I can guarantee that each and every one of them have enjoyed being with Muirkirk and would relish another season with them. I've drummed into them from day one your only 18 a baby in Junior terms, dont get ahead of yourselves, spend a couple seasons in the ADL learn your trade. It will make them or break them. However, no matter who the manager asks to stay I'm more than sure they will all be happy.

There will be no buffs team next year as I'm retiring after 25 years in youth football. I'll retire knowing that the boys have moved on and I'm happy with that. My management partner Alan Beveridge is part of the coaching staff at Muirkirk now having worked with George in the past so there is continuity for the boys. It will be a sad day when the final day comes but hopefully the boys can add another 2 cups and a league to the cup we have won already send us off on a high.

Thanks sir & all the best

• 2 weeks later...

Another good result for the young guns last night. Not a great game but 3pts are 3pts. Just a little refresher for you all but the Kilwinning Rangers 19s won the treble on Saturday by winning the presidents cup, adding to the Wm taylor Cup and the leaguetitle. We are still competing in the league cup so 4 trophies is a possibility. THINK ABOUT IT! a large portion of Muirkirk's squad are playing Mon, Wed, Sat, Sun every week and still winning trophies and picking up results at Muirkirk. This is an achievement worth celebrating and hopefully like me you cant wait until all the young ones have to concentrate on is Muirkirk.

Archived