Muirkirk 2015/15

Kirky442

Probably the first time a Topic has been set up but there's a feel good factor surrounding the club at the moment. Manager George Grierson seems to be getting it on the right track with youth and although he has his critics hes doing a great job so far. Probably lowest budget in Junior Football as well. Post comments on games, results etc

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck to the guys up at muirkirk at this season they seem to have brought in a higher calibre of management n player from recent seasons, they've got everything there with good committee n fantastic playing facilities to be successful but unfortunately everyone thinks it's the other side of the world to travel to when it's only really 35mins from Ayr Kilmarnock East Kilbride and Hamilton

I was impressed with some of the young guys that were in Muirkirks team last night and I am sure a few of them will progress well in the game.

Overall , the scoreline was very flattering to us (Cumnock) , even with missing two penalties , one hitting the post and the other well saved by the goalie.

Cumnock went about their business in a confident manner, passing the ball about well, but, so did Muirkirk and they were unlucky a few times with their final ball letting them down.

The park looked great and there has obviously been a paintbrush or two been out during the close season .

Great place, great people and long may you prosper guys( and girls) and onward and upwards for Muirkirk

Thanks for all your kind comments, Bul21402 whilst the scoreline may have flattered slightly, as an exercise hopefully the young ones and the whole squad take something from the experience. Your right we've lost count of the amount of times "Muirkirk, that's the back of beyond" has been said but whilst the result last night isn't what the team wants I expect much tighter games in the ADL.

Anything better than bottom is an improvement but I think we will do well enough. What im hoping is its not a merry-go-round for players and management and develop the young ones. There's no doubt a few of the boys will become of interest to some of the bigger clubs eventually but I don't see a better grounding for the boys than at Muirkirk and in the ADL.

Great wee victory today against a very aggressive Kello team. There's been a bit of doubt as to whether the young ones being able to handle the rough and tumble of junior football but today proves they can holding out for a victory despite going down to 10 men. Seasoned players Deeney and Russell settled the boys. On to Darvel now.

As I said in earlier posts many people will write muirkirk off and going by previous seasons who can blame them. But I see this young team gelling quickly and becoming stronger by the game. I'm not saying an upset is on the cards but if Darvel go into the game expecting to win comfortably well who knows

Despite the defeat on Saturday I am taking a lot of heart from the performance, any level headed spectator (not Darvel Legend obvioulsy) that genuinely believes Darvel won at a canter without getting out of 2nd gear need to think again. The Darvel keeper kept youse in it but that's what he's there for. Interesting times ahead.

• 2 weeks later...

Having seen Muirkirk last week, even though we won 6-1 the score line didn't tell the full story, a few good promising young players in their team and some experience with the likes of Gary Russell make for a hopeful future for the club, would like to see them do well, all the best tomorrow and for the rest of the season.

Having seen Muirkirk last week, even though we won 6-1 the score line didn't tell the full story, a few good promising young players in their team and some experience with the likes of Gary Russell make for a hopeful future for the club, would like to see them do well, all the best tomorrow and for the rest of the season.

The squad is starting to look stronger,and with Gary Russell and Kevin Deeney both playing and passing on their experience to the younger members of the team,this can only help them.

Archived