Brechin vs Airdrie

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poor stuff again. Airdrie scored with effectively their only two chances but we looked toothless going forward.

Willie Dyer apparently signed this morning. Once he comes in along with McLean, Perry, Weatherston and Shields we will then be able to see properly if we are in deep trouble or not.

We are poor , started off ok a few half chances , but nvr looked like winning against a very poor Airdrie team ! Front two are working hard but not getting very much to feed on ! High balls up to Jacko have nt worked last 3 seasons and are not gonna work now ! We still have decent players and I'm sure we ll turn corner in time by playing foôty though not punts up park !

Poor stuff again. Airdrie scored with effectively their only two chances but we looked toothless going forward.

Willie Dyer apparently signed this morning. Once he comes in along with McLean, Perry, Weatherston and Shields we will then be able to see properly if we are in deep trouble or not.

Aye , it's not all doom and gloom yet !

I think we need a goalscorer though . Can't see where the goals are going to come from at present.......Although Thomo might come good with some decent service to him.

Glad to get the win - an important 3 points. It seems so simple but that was a much better starting lineup than previously. Glad that Scott Stewart seems to be coming on to a game. I've slated him a lot but he appears to be in the team just now on merit. Pity about the red card. Did Adam Brown come on?

Flying in studs up on Molloy

It was a 50/50 and both went in two footed. McAleer was a fraction of a second late which meant Molloy came off worse hence McAleer was ordered off. Don't think the referee had a bad game either, he got the Parry decision/penalty spot on too.

Both of our goals came from playing the ball on the deck with lightning counter attacks from the wingers, it was a Morton shot that the goalkeeper, who was less than convincing, parried into the path of McAleer and Prunty.

Pleasingly McAleer will only miss the Rangers game where I don't think he would've been used anyway.

Brechin are a really poor team and will surely be among the relegation strugglers.

Perspective on the game; we had our second choice keeper in - not a fault for any of the goals, a midfielder playing right back, a right back plating left back, a young striker playing midfield, lost two sloppy goals to a team that only had two shots at goal all game and were time wasting before a goal went in. Chances were created and missed but if Johnston is our creator he needs to get his head up and find the pass - he could have done this on a couple of occasions but run into trouble or blazed over - he had one good run and shot.

Willie dyer was at the game (Buchan wasn't - one in one out?) and has apparently signed but international clearance not in. I will hold judgement until we get our strongest team on the park; Smith, MacLean, Shields, Dyer, Weatherston would all make a difference. Even Finnie who came on looked more assured than Montgomery although he has not signed.

Dods was always up against it and injuries have not helped - lets wait until all our guys are fit - it may be another few games but lets see how it goes.

First manager post is hard enough going without the added burden of only having 6 signed players. Couple that to the players we lost plus the injury list we now have. The table makes grim reading but i still have faith all will be well. New manager, new squad needs time. Perhaps a striker on loan would help matters ?

Archived