Brechin vs Airdrie

Must win game already.

No disrespect to Brechin but if we can't beat a team without it's 1st choice goalie and with Ross Perry and Darren Dods in defence then we're in big trouble.

Prediction - either Airdrie to finally turn up or Brechin to scunner us with another last minute winner.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's amazing this early in the season were talking about this being a must win !! I don't think we are that far away from being a good team were 2 players down lister and Fitzpatrick, and a man down in Morgan !! If we can get 2 to 3 decent loan signings to help out play mcaleer right wing !! Should be sorted

Was feeling reasonably upbeat about this game until Smith stupidly got himself sent off on Saturday.

Going forward we looked dangerous against Ayr, but still major worries defensively.

Looking forward to a trip to Angus on Saturday to hopefully not watch Taylor Morgan endear himself further against the fans, he really needs the ball to hit his back side and go in to get a bit of confidence.

Haven't watched Airdrie lose at the Hedge before and I hope that remains the case, although I'm not filled with confidence following the last two performances. I'm not sure its a must win but both sides will be hoping to open their account. A win by a large margin for the Diamonds would hopefully send a message to Wednesday's visitors that we won't be pushovers but I can't see it happening.

We really need a win on Saturday for the sake of instilling some confidence in the team.

As I mentioned post match in the Stenny thread, I don't think we're far away from being a decent side. We still need a couple of additions to the squad but in the meantime, as long as we play our strongest team (which doesn't include Morgan or Sumsky in my view) we can win this.

I'd go... (EDIT: Screwed up the image upload...twice!! My team is at the bottom of the post though)

I think it'll be tight one way or another - I'm going 2-1 to Airdrie. Prunty and Morton with the goals.

post-7964-14399250110574_thumb.jpg

post-7964-14399250575061_thumb.jpg

We really need a win on Saturday for the sake of instilling some confidence in the team.

As I mentioned post match in the Stenny thread, I don't think we're far away from being a decent side. We still need a couple of additions to the squad but in the meantime, as long as we play our strongest team (which doesn't include Morgan or Sumsky in my view) we can win this.

I'd go... (EDIT: Screwed up the image upload...twice!! My team is at the bottom of the post though)

I think it'll be tight one way or another - I'm going 2-1 to Airdrie. Prunty and Morton with the goals.

I'd go with your team but switch McBride with Watt. He's been our best player last two games (albeit that's not much of a compliment).

Looks like McBride will be injured for Saturday anyway.

I'd go with your team but switch McBride with Watt. He's been our best player last two games (albeit that's not much of a compliment).

Looks like McBride will be injured for Saturday anyway.

I wouldn't argue with you there - the thought of McBride being injured had crossed my mind but wasn't sure how bad it really was on Saturday.

I'd also agree on Watt too, I've got a lot of time for him as a player and he would give us more impetus going forward while Gilfillan can sit.

As long as Morgan & Sumsky are nowhere near the team I'd be happy!

Archived