Stirling v Berwick

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's some comeback after last week. Cameron got the selection right today - credit to him for that.

On to Kilmarnock after their big defeat today. Nowt to lose there, the lads should really go for it.

A poor result today for the Albion after starting brightly, against a team who were better organised than us.

The next 2 games are away from home and if we lose both, which is quite possible , then the fans will be calling for Skippys head.

Watch this space as they say.

The next 2 games are away from home and if we lose both, which is quite possible , then the fans will be calling for Skippys head.

The fans are already calling for his head on Rave On. Think today was the final straw for many and when you look at his record ( Played: 32; Wins: 3; Draws: 6; Defeats: 23) it's hard not to actually agree with them.

The turning point of the game was Dickson missing his chance in the First Half. Had that gone in, I think the scoreline could have been a lot different, it didn't and 2 opportunities were gifted to Berwick instead.

Was impressed with Berwick (especially McKenna & Henderson), they worked hard and kept things simple, unlike a Stirling side who just want to over-play everything.

Back to the drawing board, still early days but alarm bells are certainly ringing at Forthbank.

Let's not kid ourselves that Berwick are all that great. A honking Albion defence and a manager who thinks we're playing in La Liga with his tactics and formations = no clean sheets and dismal results. I've firmly moved to the management team most go.

Special mention to a pathetic own goal and a man on the post that didn't cover the post at yesterday's game for the first two goals. Every week this season there's been a calamity for the oppositions first goal. You couldn't script it.

A poor result today for the Albion after starting brightly, against a team who were better organised than us.

Watch this space as they say.

People have been calling for his head since the Elgin game, me included. He's absolutely hopeless. I'd rather we had Grieg back at least we won games with him in this division despite playing some of the worst football i've ever seen.

Well, it was a long time coming but no less sweet for that, particularly after last week. Thought the team showed real character to end up winning this one with some degree of comfort, even allowing for the fact that Stirling looked pretty flat and their game changers like Cunningham were peripheral at best. Good solid debut from Walters in goal, who looks a more agile keeper than Walker. He's got a real chance to nail down the No.1 spot. Kieran Ainslie was rock solid, and dominant in the air. He can also be proud of his performance in his first competitive game for the Gers.

Best player on the park was Colin Cameron, who put in a tigerish performance patrolling the space in front of his back four and winning ball he should have had no chance of getting. Having said that, a 43 year old should'nt be our go-to man for defensive midfield duties in the loneg-term, so I'd expect to see David Banjo back in there tomorrow night and maybe the manager back in again v Arbroath. Euan McNeil produced his best game for us to date, and his crossing was sublime throughout, causing all kinds of carnage in the home defence. The only thing that did'nt really work out for us on Saturday was starting Finn Graham on the right side of a midfield diamond, which left him isolated until he started wandering more later in the game. Took his goal beautifully though and never hid. Elsewhere, Dwayne Coultress brought a better balance to the midfield and he was more prominent in attack too, putting Russell through for a snapshot which whistled narrowly wide. McKenna and Lavery used their pace to unsettle a fragile-looking Stirling back four, and if we'd ended up with 5 goals it would'nt have been an injustice after both McKenna and Russell missed one-on-ones wth men spare and Henderson hit the post with a header he should have buried. That said, the big man finished superbly from McNeil's whipped cross.

Reports say that Arbroath were much irmproved on Saturday and I think they'll be a tougher nut to crack than Stirling. Don't think I'd change Saturday's starting eleven, other than to rejig the midfield formation with McKenna moving to the right and Graham playing more centrally. Six points from the opening 3 games? Yep, I'd have taken that before the season kicked off. The Arbroath game is a chance to impress the curious and irregular visitors. A win would also put us nine points clear of them, which I doubt many of us would have envisaged a few weeks ago. It's a mental-looking league at the minute. No wooden-spooners in evidence yet.

People have been calling for his head since the Elgin game, me included. He's absolutely hopeless. I'd rather we had Grieg back at least we won games with him in this division despite playing some of the worst football i've ever seen.

Clearly if Skippy is to survive then we need to start winning games and picking up points. Our next 2 games are away from home and I can't see us picking up points from either the Elgin or the Shire game and if that happens and we fail to win at home against Montrose I think on the 12 September then clearly the Board will have to make a choice of pulling the plug or hoping he turns as around quickly.

As for wanting Greg back no fucking way would I want him in charge again.

The sword of Damacles is hanging over the current management team and they know it and the Board knows it as well. So unless results improve in the next 3 games imo then Skippy and Corrigan are for the chop. Watch this space as they say.

I remember when Stirling fans were slating big Greg about two weeks prior to him qualifying for then proceeding to win the play offs, at which point he became some kind of managerial God, so it's hardly a surprise to see the usual slackjaws turn on the manager. Fickle as they come.

I remember when Stirling fans were slating big Greg about two weeks prior to him qualifying for then proceeding to win the play offs, at which point he became some kind of managerial God, so it's hardly a surprise to see the usual slackjaws turn on the manager. Fickle as they come.

I don't recall Albion fans calling Greg MCDonald " some kind of managerial God" when we won promotion in the playoffs. Most of the Albion fans wanted Greg removed long before he got us promoted.

Regarding the current situation, I don't think we are fickle and given the results since Skippy took over , they are quite within their rights to vent their frustrations over the teams performances. If the team you support had the same results would your fans not be calling the managers head or are they not as "fickle" as Albion fans.

Archived