Ferrantibankston V Falkirk

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Falkirk fans still a bit rattled about losing to us despite how shit we were, you'd think they've never wasted time going by what some of them have said on this.

Don't think anyone has complained about the defeat, just didn't need the play acting and time wasting antics to beat us on the night

Don't think anyone has complained about the defeat, just didn't need the play acting and time wasting antics to beat us on the night

Prob didn't but considering we only avoided relegation and the play offs in the last game after getting something like 13 point from our last 6 games, 2 of which were against Hibs & Sevco, I can understand how nervous our players were about chucking that game away. It was just after our cup win and gave us the belief to go on and beat Cowden, Raith and QoS.

Not to that extent, no. No issue with me but showed how desperate you were at that time.

Of course we were desperate, we were bottom of the league and only scraped to 8th place above Alloa and Cowden on the last day. Took a bloody miracle to go on the run we did and get enough points from our last 6 games to avoid the drop. Think we took as many points from those 6 games as we had won in the other 30 games.,

Falkirk fans still a bit rattled about losing to us despite how shit we were, you'd think they've never wasted time going by what some of them have said on this.

If you read it, I said every team will waste time to win if required, I get that, enjoyable or not it's the nature of sport.

However that went over and above time wasting, and the ref was at fault for not dealing with it early on.

Faria signing last night is fantastic, badly been needing him in midfield.

Mullen's delivery for our goal last night was good, wonder if he'll start for this game or stick with him being an impact sub. Be interesting to see if Cole plays in midfield alongside Faria, would certainly give us plenty muscle, and perhaps Cole would be able to play a more attacking role, think he's got a good eye for a pass on him and would give Pittman more freedom to get into attacking positions too.

Would be great if Burchill would pair Gallagher and Gordon up instead of playing him at RB, could actually see a decent balance to the team now if everyone plays where they should and give Buchanan and White more service up front too.

Will be interesting to see who partners Grant in centre of defence for us. Prior to last nights game, I would rather it was McCracken but the performance of both him and Watson last night was horrific

Rogers

Vaulks McCracken Grant Leahy

Smith Kerr Sibbald Alston

Miller McHugh

1-0 Meadowbank. Big Shags to bundle it in off that delicious ass of his in the 95th min and celebrate in front of the Falkirk supporters. Jamieson to fist pump in Houston's face and the Falkirk goalkeeper coach to try and phsyically assualt Deks Gallagher after he blew him a few kisses, after 90 minutes of WUM tactics. This thread to turn into an absolute troll fest and 3 Livi accounts to be banned from the mods. Dece.

Will be interesting to see who partners Grant in centre of defence for us. Prior to last nights game, I would rather it was McCracken but the performance of both him and Watson last night was horrific

Rogers

Vaulks McCracken Grant Leahy

Smith Kerr Sibbald Alston

Miller McHugh

It's a toughie ...

We have overdosed on centre halves..

We have five tho four will play where its obvious that two are out of position.

Vaulks may not want to play in defence, sorry will, you are better in defence than midfield, my opinion was that ur best game has been against Raith so far,I'd rather he was centre but he is a better right back than muirhead.

Started this post with thot of Watson grant but I'll be happy if its not Watson and McCracken, perhaps too similar or not had enuf bond time whilst being out.

On the whole, Houstie has a fair bit of choice if he doesn't hold gripes, seemed pretty pissed off with defence and mchugh, that I wouldn't be surprised if it was Baird and Miller... Tho I thot mchugh and Miller doubled up well, Baird and Miller not so...

Squad is bigger...quality is questionable

Watson had a couple of errors but I'd still have him in the team with Peter Grant at CH.

Houstie has a choice to make about the RB position though. Does Muirhead get the automatic nod, will Sinnamon be fit or does Will Vaulks slot in their like last Sat.

Up front, for this game, I'd like to see Baird & Miller. Lee did well overall, without scoring and drew at least 1/2 dozen fouls in good positions. I think he could also get a few knock ons for Baird.

McHugh will be disappointed from Tuesday regardless of starting on Saturday and he'll be hungry to score whether from the bench or not.

For me, I'd line up

Rogers

Sinnamon (if fit)

Grant

Watson

Leahy

Alston

Vaulks

Kerr

Sibbald

Miller

Baird

Bowman, McCracken, Muirhead, Taiwo, Smith, Shepherd & McHugh

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

I moved through to Livingston a few years back and the Lime Kiln is where I go before the game. Decent pint and just a 5 minute walk to the park.

Cheers.

I think we are now going to a pub near the station instead though.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

I'd start Miller, but I'm not sure he's got a full 90 in him just yet. He was blowing out his arse by the end on Tuesday. Won almost everything in the air though, and I'm willing to forgive those two golden chances he missed. Once he gets his sharpness back, he should be bursting the net with those.

Leahy would have been my pick for worst player the other night, but not sure who would replace him. Grant has to start and I'd agree with those saying Watson alongside him. McCracken is done IMO.

We should be slight favourites for this given that Livi have lost their first two. After the shambles of Tuesday I'd be happy enough to keep a clean sheet and scrape the 3 points.

Is there any pubs near the ground that has live football?

The Saltire at Livi North station is the main one I can think of at the moment. A good mile from the ground though.

Others might be able to advise on Delux (ex Da Vinci's) in Ladywell although I'm not sure how they are with colours.

Alternatively there's the one in the old part of the centre which always has live football on (although the beer is usually a bit cr@p) the Paraffin Lamp although most people only know it as the Parry Lamp. That's maybe 10 minutes from the ground.

Bankton Inn Hotel near to Livi South Station usually has sport on but its a fair stretch of the legs from the ground - half an hour if you cut through Dedridge.

Can't think of any others. Maybe someone else can - Livi Inn maybe?

I like it, got a ring to it actually

Always tough games against Grangemouth and I can only see an away win in this unfortunately.

Ben Gordon being back will help as we've been a shambles defensively, I'm not sure we've got enough in the middle though, there is no creative spark to open up defence's but we will see.

Away back into your damp ridden prefab - Grangemouth FFS.

Anyway confident we wont lose on Saturday.

Archived