Glasgow's smallest league club v Leith spoon-burners

The defence has been shaky, but most weeks it won't matter because of the firepower you have. Said that before and I stick to it. This week it should have mattered and didn't. A pretty big three points as a result.

Yes I agree it does but so would most or all teams due to the offensive formation. i don't believe you can rely on luck or the opposition missing chances especially in important matches. We don't know how' shaky' the defence would be if Rangers played a more balanced formation. The formation being played greatly contributes to the exposed defence.

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So they'll face a challenge in league games against second tier teams, as well as in Cup ties against top tier sides then?

Fair enough - a welcome shift in your stance.

Just clarified it better it was always Myview ! Lol! All teams deserve respect.

thank f**k for that

was getting worried there for a minute, hadnt seen a "rangers in financial shit" post for fucking ages

My post wasn't made in that spirit.

These posts about how nothing can stop them storming into Europe however, really do ignore some fundamental obstacles littering the path.

Asking the optimistic posters how they might be negotiated is pretty reasonable, I'd have thought.

We were much more than six points behind Rangers at points last year and finished in front of them. Not that I'd put a penny on us winning the league like. They already look like a reliable enough kind of side and I'm sure the gap will increase in this round of games. Having defenders and midfielders who can chip in with goals is important and they have that.

Put it this way, there's more chance of us winning the league than finishing outside the playoffs ffs :lol: Behave yourselves cuntos.

Not Rangers' best performance but it's a sign of champions when you can play poorly and still win, particularly against what is expected to be the main challengers for 1st place. That said, Rangers were the better team on the day. Hibs had a few clear goalscoring opportunities but they were absolutely useless in the final third.

Even after just 3 games, I don't think that Hibs teams have the capabilities required to remain consistent enough to keep up with Rangers and claw back some of the 6 point deficit. It's just not going to happen.

League won. :)

Oh yeah I forgot it was him that activated a clause in his contract in order to leave to Rangers for nothing. I think your "we got rid" of Wilson patter is a bit disengenous no?

Erm, we still got rid of him, champ. Fortunately enough. He has since been replaced by a far higher calibre of player.

Are you enjoying his long diagonal shanks into nowhere yet?

Erm, we still got rid of him, champ. Fortunately enough. He has since been replaced by a far higher calibre of player.

Of course mate. We've got Davie Weir back in the coaching staff... long diagonal shanks into nowhere are gonna be the staple of our tactics for a long time to come! ;)

No you didn't. He didn't want to stay.

It's akin to a guy getting dumped off a bird and telling all his mates that he chucked her.

What's the plan for addressing the fact that the club loses money and has no credit facility?

Over 33,000 season ticket holders and soldout home games will keep the lights on short term. A new or renegotiated merchandise contract, and the benefits of top league and European football will help in the medium to long term.

We said the same after the majority of our games last season. Stubbs hasn't fixed the problem.

We pumped them 3 times last season though.

We have Keatings back this evening and Farid out injured too.

Patience my friend.

Hearts would have had Wilson as club captain had he not indicated he wanted to leave. Hardly ever a got rid of him. That's what Dundee Utd done with Gomis and Rangers Alexander

Over 33,000 season ticket holders and soldout home games will keep the lights on short term. A new or renegotiated merchandise contract, and the benefits of top league and European football will help in the medium to long term.

Is that a serious answer, or a frivolous jokey one that's meant to be utter nonsense?

The ticket sales will only keep things afloat for a few months.

There's little to suggest that a better merchandise contract for Rangers is on the cards.

Top league football will not bring vastly more money. A greater leap is required to ensure European football and a greater leap yet to ensure the kind of progress that generates significant income.

I think you need a better plan mate.

Is that a serious answer, or a frivolous jokey one that's meant to be utter nonsense?

The ticket sales will only keep things afloat for a few months.

There's little to suggest that a better merchandise contract for Rangers is on the cards.

Top league football will not bring vastly more money. A greater leap is required to ensure European football and a greater leap yet to ensure the kind of progress that generates significant income.

I think you need a better plan mate.

Share issues monks, share issues....

Then I'm guessing you might see players brought in cheaply And sold on to cover the retail gap but that's just a guess.

Stop being a dick now...

Share issues monks, share issues....

Then I'm guessing you might see players brought in cheaply And sold on to cover the retail gap but that's just a guess.

Stop being a dick now...

I actually think you're right. I said elsewhere that I see a share issue as likely if the necessary hurdles are overcome.

The issue however, is that all these bold predictions about sailing onto Europen qualification do not acknowledge that something pretty significant needs to happen in the meantime. They just smack of the stupid old entitlement.

That's why I asked the original question.

Of course Jake's Pal said nothing of a share issue, preferring to just think being a big club would be enough to override basic economic requirements. It was my reply to him that you responded to.

Sorry Bennett, but I've no immediate plans to stop being a dick.

Archived