Glasgow's smallest league club v Leith spoon-burners

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aw, ok.

I was going to head along next Sunday too, but I don't think I'll bother now, if we can't put up any sort of challenge.

To clarify. I said 'real'. Of course all teams will put up ' sort of challenge' and Rangers will probably drop points. However imo over the league campaign Rangers will take more points than all other clubs. My main concern at present is the predictability of the team selection, formation and the way they play and better teams than championship teams that is SPL teams will be more equipped to beat them! Next week match should again be very difficult.

To clarify. I said 'real'. Of course all teams will put up ' sort of challenge' and Rangers will probably drop points. However imo over the league campaign Rangers will take more points than all other clubs. My main concern at present is the predictability of the team selection, formation and the way they play and better teams than championship teams that is SPL teams will be more equipped to beat them! Next week match should again be very difficult.

The SPL doesn't exist anymore.

Just heard Warburton and Stubbs post match interviews. Thought they were both spot on. Rangers did give the ball away carelessly especially in the last third. Stubbs disappointed in missed chances and the award of the free kick. I still maintain Rangers will need to add variety to their game plan.

First time I've been on the subway since I was about 15.

Feels more like some shitey fairground ride than a major city transport system. A boy got on that was too tall to stand up. Assume it was built in the day when most of Glasgows population had rickets.

In terms of the game, Rangers probably edged it but there's not much between the teams. If the gap goes above 10 then we won't be consistent enough to claw it back unless there's a number of injuries or financial shenanigans later in the season.

But your remark about only facing a challenge in cup ties surely implied that nobody in this league could compete with Rangers in individual games.

All a bit thepunditesque.

Oxley should never be getting beaten from that angle.

I'm not so sure, I think he was anticipating a cross therefore his positioning was spot on.

Plus it was a cracking strike.

What I'd be interested to know is if the free kick was direct or indirect? Because if it was indirect the goal shouldn't have been given.

I'm not so sure, I think he was anticipating a cross therefore his positioning was spot on.

What I'd be interested to know is if the free kick was direct or indirect? Because if it was indirect the goal shouldn't have been given.

It wasnt a cross so his positioning was poor.

Why would it be an indirect free kick for handball.

It seems that Oxley can't deal with balls that go over his head. Hallidays goal was similar and I felt he should've saved that too. His positioning is woeful at times. I'd start Reguero against Stranraer to see what he's all about

It hasn't really gone tits up though because the league isn't won or lost in 3 games, you rode your luck at times and you know it. You were 9 clear of us last season and we caught you, we will do it again. You're nothing special and we were the better footballing team than you today

This is possibly the most Hibs post ever.

Unsurprising given the poster as well.

That's twice now I've seen you posting about how you guys got rid of Wilson. Did you guys not offer him a contract like?

Did we f**k. :lol:

Rangers can't defend balls played down the sides of the centre halves or over the top. Henderson was the standout player for us today but he should've buried either of the two chances he had. If we played a counter attacking game every week then we'd Win almost every week because we have pace on the break but outwith Rangers we are the team expected to break the other team down so we can't play on the counter

So what you're saying is Hibs are incapable of effectively breaking down the pub teams that play in this league and your manager hasn't got a clue how to fix this?

Even if we don't go up this season league reconstruction will save us. No way the SPFL will have us out of the top league for 3 years.

Oh ya f**ker. :D

This is possibly the most Hibs post ever.

Unsurprising given the poster as well.

Bald men and a comb with 'Second Tier Fitba' printed on it.

Last week, Hibees here were arguing with Morton about 'who's the best'....

So what you're saying is Hibs are incapable of effectively breaking down the pub teams that play in this league and your manager hasn't got a clue how to fix this?

No I'm saying we suit a counter attacking style of play more than a side that has to be on the front foot, I'm not sure why you found that difficult to understand.

Archived