Next Dundee United Manager

409 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The more I think about it the more I like the idea of it being Mixu. He says he was heavily influenced by McLean in his approach to training (but not man management thankfully), decent experience as a club and international manager, broad experience as a player and presumably an affinity with

United. Plus he used to sit alongside me when he was doing his Accountancy exams at Uni. So, y'know ...

Spence and Duthie on Twitter saying that United approached McGhee but he knocked them back for us, interesting.

Thank fucking Christ for that. I don't want any manager at United that, when attempting to smile, looks like he's passing a particularly knobbly shite.

The three in the running are Hughes , Mixu and Jim Duffy.

Duffy is Derry'd oot his nut. As fun as that appointment would be for the seeth and guaranteed relegation he'd bring - he wouldn't go near you filthy animals.

Whilst it's not blowing me away, the more I think about it, the more I like the idea of mixu.

I Used to go to the uni gym where killie did their training and he seemed to get a lot of respect off the players, certainly had more gravitas than shiels and by the looks of things Jackie

Also bumped into him at hampden just before the 2010 final and he seemed a decent guy so always had a soft spot for him

For all the talk of lack of subsequent success for managers who move jobs within the Premiership, it's sobering to note Saints have a solid record of managers turning down bigger jobs in the top league - and then utterly imploding.

• Back in the 1980s, Alex Rennie turned down a job at full-time St Mirren about six months before triumphantly leading us to successive relegations and the bottom of the senior football leagues.
  • And in 1999, Sandy Clark rejected overtures from Hearts just so he could finish the job of relegating us single-handedly.

im-and-this-is-why-im-looking-forward-to

The more I think about it the more I like the idea of it being Mixu. He says he was heavily influenced by McLean in his approach to training (but not man management thankfully), decent experience as a club and international manager, broad experience as a player and presumably an affinity with

United. Plus he used to sit alongside me when he was doing his Accountancy exams at Uni. So, y'know ...

I believe he also sat next to WaWa on his English Masters.

Archived