Next Dundee United Manager

409 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Mixu had his Killie team playing the best football I've ever seen from a Killie side. However, his win record wasn't actually that good and he did have the luxury of an Eremenko in his prime controlling matches.

The majority of Mixu's signings were also very questionable too. Scott Evans, Benjamin Laurant, Anssi Jaakkola, Willie Gros and Billy Berntsson on two-and-a-half-year deals... Rui Miguel, Willy Aubamayang and David Silva likewise. Whereas Eremenko, Ben Gordon and Mo Sissoko were all loan deals.

If I was a Dundee United fan, then I wouldn't be looking at his transfer dealings and have any confidence whatsoever that he could bring in the right players to augment the squad already there. If you need a gaffer who will play good football and get your squad fitter than a butcher's dog then Mixu is the man.

I'll just drop this back in...

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People seem to be forgetting that the grass isn't greener elsewhere. John Hughes would be a fool to relinquish his position as the manager of the Highlands' premier footballing outfit given that every single person who has ever left the City of Inverness has met a grisly Final Destination-style end as soon as they have passed Aviemore.

Mainly due to the average speed cameras.

Archived