Next Dundee United Manager

409 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think anyone does to be fair.

I still think Hughes will go. Yesterdays meeting was meant to be about giving him a new deal but I suspect, like Butcher before, he will have told the Chairman that he would like to talk to United. Given how badly ICT managers have done since leaving the club Hughes could do well to bear that in mind. Paterson, Robertson, Brewster and Butcher all struggled after leaving ICT. Worth remembering this.

Yes, that's true.

Good point well made.

People seem to be forgetting that the grass isn't greener elsewhere. John Hughes would be a fool to relinquish his position as the manager of the Highlands' premier footballing outfit given that every single person who has ever left the City of Inverness has met a grisly Final Destination-style end as soon as they have passed Aviemore.

People seem to be forgetting that the grass isn't greener elsewhere. John Hughes would be a fool to relinquish his position as the manager of the Highlands' premier footballing outfit given that every single person who has ever left the City of Inverness has met a grisly Final Destination-style end as soon as they have passed Aviemore.

Yes, that's true.

Good point well made.

The panic timing of this says otherwise tbf.

It certainly helped things along, but I was never that concerned about United. If Rotherham had made advances when their job was up for grabs, considering their resources and the fact they'll blow both of us out of the water in terms of wages and structure, I'd have been far more concerned.

We've gone from having Wright tied down for just under 2 seasons to just under 4 all the same, so a pretty decent turn of events for us.

Hughes must know he is on to a good thing at ICT. Must love his wee cycle over the Kessock Bridge. There's no good bridges in Dundee after all.

Archived