Sign in to follow this  
Ludo*1

Next Dundee United Manager

409 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hughes would be better off staying in the Highlands. Don't have any stats to hand but I can't recall any Caley managers doing well after they left Inverness.

Craig Brewster is currently assistant to Derek Adams at Plymouth Argyle.

Just goes to show that after a successful stint at Caley, the sky's the limit.

The Irish league cup is more of a diddy cup than the challenge cup is over here. No surprise to see a saints fan get excited over it though. Do you still have your DVD?

He's got 2 career honours?

They are the same company.

To be pedantic they're different companies but McBookies use Betvictor's web platform. When both are offering a market the odds will be the same.

Yogi was supposed to be meeting his Chairman yesterday about extending his contract/feking off to United. If he signs a new contract I think McCall will be a shoe in.

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/sport/football/dundee-united/dundee-united-target-john-hughes-to-hold-inverness-talks-1.904498

That article says Utd will turn their attention back to Tommy Wright, seemingly oblivious to the fact that he's just signed a new contract.

Are you actually including the Northern Irish League Cup? That's like winning a toaster in a tombola.

Not sure why you would be so arrogant about the Irish league tbh.

For a club that brought out a DVD when they won the challenge cup I would say they are definitely including the northern Irish league cup as a "major honour".

Did we? I don't remember that!

That's a pure minter.

Dundee United could do far worse than appointing a toaster as their next manager, to be fair.

Did we? I don't remember that!

That's a pure minter.

Thought it was a vhs personally.

For a club that brought out a DVD when they won the challenge cup I would say they are definitely including the northern Irish league cup as a "major honour".

Yes we did. Sure I have the DVD. Cosgrove narrated it, it's fantastic because Goran Stanic is in it.

Your club released a DVD because they won a diddy cup by beating Stephen Kenny's Dunfermline team. That must have been a big seller.

Possibly because it's an appalling standard which makes our top flight look like La Liga.

That article says Utd will turn their attention back to Tommy Wright, seemingly oblivious to the fact that he's just signed a new contract.

Or United have reason to believe that was a protectionist move by St Johnstone to ensure a bigger payout should anyone want to poach Wright.

Or the Dee Courier is talking pish.

Take your pick.

Your club released a DVD because they won a diddy cup by beating Stephen Kenny's Dunfermline team. That must have been a big seller.

Possibly because it's an appalling standard which makes our top flight look like La Liga.

^^^Seething about losing the final.

Mixu favourite now at Ladbrokes, Hughes out to evens. They really don't have a fucking clue. :lol:

Or United have reason to believe that was a protectionist move by St Johnstone to ensure a bigger payout should anyone want to poach Wright.

Or the Dee Courier is talking pish.

Take your pick.

Certainly a protectionist move, but I highly doubt it's to protect ourselves from the likes of Dundee United.

The Courier published the article a few hours before the deal was announced, and for once the deal wasn't leaked before it was announced by the club (although there were rumours going around about talks).

Agree that The Courier haver some amount of pish sometimes though, although not as much as the Tele.