Next Dundee United Manager

409 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They ended up having a homosexual relationship and moving in together into the genie's lamp in Aladdin II.

Makes sense. After riding that princess, shagging a ghost would be the next logical step.

Hughes deal off then now supposedly back on again.

Take some 5/1

Well I am happily counting my pending money not giving a flying fook who gets the job.

Only possible fly in ointment is if the following now get the job.

Lord Lucan

Patrick Starfish (Spongebobs Squarepants as assistant)

Ivan Golac

Lorraine Kelly

Eddie Wolecki Black White Blue Yellow Green

My profits should be safe.

Good to see saints fans on here...presumably after changing their shit stained knickers...!

Your reaction to Yogi being appointed is going to be absolutely brilliant

Obviously I'd have preferred Wright - the guy's a top manager.

However, your moods have been swinging violently this week! Shittin it....Huge confidence....Shittin it....Huge confidence....! :lol:

Bipolar SJSC.

I would have preferred Wright as I thought, rightly or wrongly, that he would probably be the best option for solidifying our defence and putting a spine into the team then building from there. Hughes would probably be the next best option rather than McCall as I remember a couple of Motherwell fans complaining that they were a bit of a bombscare at the back which cost them against the better teams.

Unless Levein makes himself available and then he's the best option by a mile.

McCall would be a bit of a meh appointment but probably a reasonably safe one. Would have preferred Mixu or Irvine over McCall or Hughes, but I do recall saying during Jackie's darkest hours that literally anyone with managerial experience would probably improve us.

Why do clubs keep going for Inverness managers? They've had 7 managers in their history (Brewster twice) and it could be argued that 5 of those have been successful at the club.

The illustrious names of managers who have brought differing levels of success to the club are

Steve Paterson (left for Aberdeen before turning out to be a raging alky)

John Robertson (left for Hearts before being forced into making a career as a shite pundit)

Craig Brewster (left for Dundee Utd before shuttling back to ICT after 18 months of failure)

Terry Buther (left for Hibs, got them relegated, went to Newport, got sacked almost straight away)

John Hughes (favourite for Dundee Utd job after failing at Hartlepool and being average at Falkirk)

There's obviously something unique to Inverness, and managing them that allows even the most average of managers to succeed there, that doesn't translate into the rest of the world. It says it all that no manager has left Inverness and went on to have a successful career, so i can't understand why clubs continue to clamor for their managers time and time again.

Archived