Next Dundee United Manager

409 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After the speculation following my tongue in cheek post with my FM achievements, and after much soul searching, I would like to publicly state I am not interested in the job as manager of Dundee Utd Football club.

I'd like to thank Stephen Thompson for taking the time to contact me but I just feel now is not the right time for myself personally.

I wish Dundee Utd all the best in their future endeavours.

Ladbrokes had just closed their book on you...

What's the reasoning behind Utd saying they won't be pursuing their interest in Tommy Wright?

Its the equivalent of going straight on Facebook to tell everyone you're breaking up with someone straight after they dumped you

Its the equivalent of going straight on Facebook to tell everyone you're breaking up with someone straight after they dumped you

Except United never announced that they were going out with Wright, nor that he'd been dumped. Indeed United haven't said anything at all about Tommy Wright at any point.

That aside though, it's a perfect analogy.

Is that Geoff Brown in your analogy?

No, hes the dad that accidentally posts on his sons wall about him breaking up with his partner instead of PMing him

Except United never announced that they were going out with Wright, nor that he'd been dumped. Indeed United haven't said anything at all about Tommy Wright at any point.

Radio Scotland sports news must have just been making it up all day then.

They're not allowed to say anything publicly about a manager (or player) under contract at another club. That's why they've used their mouthpieces like Spence and Duthie to spread the story.

They're not allowed to say anything publicly about a manager (or player) under contract at another club. That's why they've used their mouthpieces like Spence and Duthie to spread the story.

United have not contacted St Johnstone about Wright just paper talk.

Radio Scotland sports news must have just been making it up all day then.

"Perth chief Steve Brown has made it clear he’s not interested in United’s carrot of compensation, insisting any offer to open talks with his manager will be flatly refused."

Saints gaffer clearly stating that there has been no approach...

So they haven't announced anything, exactly as I said. I'd be rather surprised if they'd be deliberately briefing off the record either considering how poorly informed their 'mouthpieces' have been and the fact that it's clearly against their interests to do so.

United will want to do all their business in private until an appointment can be confirmed since the only thing to be gained by leaking the process is exactly the sort of 'ha ha, no-one wants the job' stuff we've had for the last 20 pages on this thread. It's positively counter productive to do what you're proposing.

Archived