Next Dundee United Manager

409 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New reports coming out that United still plan on trying to enter into talks with Wright despite Steve Browns statement.

Bit of a gamble for United now surely? You can't be wanting this to drag on too long, especially if you dont get him.

Why the f**k is Sky tweeting about "BREAKING NEWS: Neil McCann thinks Tommy Wright might be interested in the Dundee United job" :lol:

Why the f**k is Sky tweeting about "BREAKING NEWS: Neil McCann thinks Tommy Wright might be interested in the Dundee United job" :lol:

The media seem to be obsessed with him leaving us, quite pathetic tbqhwy.

It's like the generic "do you think Wright would do well at United?" type questions being put to the 'experts' on the radio. Obviously no-one would say he wouldn't, but it's apparently a newsworthy scoop when they say yes.

The media seem to be obsessed with him leaving us, quite pathetic tbqhwy.

True, they've barely mentioned theres anyone else in the running.

My point was more the fact somebody thought Neil McCann stating the obvious was newsworthy

Some Saints fans breakdowns will be hilarious if he goes but if he stays I'm genuinely concerned for Jim Spence welfare. Guy isn't going to take it well if Tommy turns down United.

Hes effectively me, if I were ginger, middle-aged, supported Dundee United and a journalist.

Think Jim's problem was that he started making noises about TW over weekend and now cannot back down or he looks a tool . Todays statement makes him look a little foolish but again he has to brass it out that he is in the know when intact he hasn't got a Scooby. I have no doubt he was told from a contact that United would look to make bid to talk with TW etc and he has let it grow arms and legs

Think Jim's problem was that he started making noises about TW over weekend and now cannot back down or he looks a tool . Todays statement makes him look a little foolish but again he has to brass it out that he is in the know when intact he hasn't got a Scooby. I have no doubt he was told from a contact that United would look to make bid to talk with TW etc and he has let it grow arms and legs

Same with Tom Duthie, whos now furiously backtracking

To be honest I thought Spency was a good guy whilst chatting to him for a few hours in Norway. Then he didn't grasp the concept of a round and is basically almost as bad as Baldermort, bloody Spencius Snape*.

*yes I'm aware he is actually not a bad guy, but couldn't think of another decent name!

**ohh and I actually like Jum so it's all good.

I've just checked his Twitter, has Spence said anything yet which could be construed as wrong?

Edit: On the Tommy Wright thing, obviously he's frequently wrong on many things, as we all are.

Archived