Next Dundee United Manager

409 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Even if he moved - I couldn't/can't see him being at either you or United for a further 8 years regardless. He'll either get a job down South or pick up the NI job (With a bit of luck obviously regards to Int) with no problems as long as it doesn't go catastrophically wrong for him at some point. Just a case of playing the waiting game, and arguably, United is a better place to do that as he has a re-build job to make them 'great' again whereas one would think that short of winning another major trophy with St Johnstone, he's done as much as he could there. Does another top 6 finish really add that extra gravitas that turning United around would? Debateable.

Yeah at the moment it looks pretty obvious he'll be gone within the next year or two tbh. And people said the same about Coyle, then McInnes, then Lomas, facts are we're becoming renowned for developing managers, and clubs down South know that. We've a far bigger reputation in that regard than United.

The NI job is the one where almost everyone agrees he'd take without even thinking about it, but it seems they'll be keeping their manager for the forseeable future.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RandomGuy., on 03 Oct 2015 - 19:47, said:

Yeah at the moment it looks pretty obvious he'll be gone within the next year or two tbh. And people said the same about Coyle, then McInnes, then Lomas, facts are we're becoming renowned for developing managers, and clubs down South know that. We've a far bigger reputation in that regard than United.

The NI job is the one where almost everyone agrees he'd take without even thinking about it, but it seems they'll be keeping their manager for the forseeable future.

And all three of those managers are considered as failures down South these days. Perhaps that's why they've not went near Wright?

And all three of those managers are considered as failures down South these days. Perhaps that's why they've not went near Wright?

Owen Coyle got Burnley promoted, yes Burnley.

I dont think I would call that a failure, would you?

Bowman was a Jackie clone today, just stood motionless whilst we were out worked and out fought all over the pitch. Him going mental on the sidelines would have made little difference to the result but for someone who was such a fiery player to show no enthusiasm at all was disappointing.

Bowman was a Jackie clone today, just stood motionless whilst we were out worked and out fought all over the pitch. Him going mental on the sidelines would have made little difference to the result but for someone who was such a fiery player to show no enthusiasm at all was disappointing.

I'm sure I saw him singing along with the fartic pishle fans when they were chuntering "why the f**k are you still here?" He looked as if he was putting his all into it

I'd love it if Bowman just stood arms folded a la Jackie Mac.

Sackable offence for some DABs

:lol:

Probably is tbh, but then again who was the last Dundee United manager to go down there and do what Coyle did?

Caballero, on 03 Oct 2015 - 19:58, said:

Owen Coyle got Burnley promoted, yes Burnley.

I dont think I would call that a failure, would you?

Definitely not - it was a fantastic achievement - but his performance as Bolton and then subsequently Wigan means I can't see any English teams chapping on his door any time soon.

Probably is tbh, but then again who was the last Dundee United manager to go down there and do what Coyle did?

None come to memory - but as I say I can't see another English team gambling on Coyle and I can't see that being in the mind of any potential employer more so than the disastrous spells McInnes and Lomas had down South will.

None come to memory - but as I say I can't see another English team gambling on Coyle and I can't see that being in the mind of any potential employer more so than the disastrous spells McInnes and Lomas had down South will.

Id be surprised if Coyle doesnt manage in England again, same with McInnes.

Anyway, we're getting off point. Saints players in the media tonight saying they'd be absolutely amazed if he left us for United as he has his sights set higher. I'd go along with that.

Id be surprised if Coyle doesnt manage in England again, same with McInnes.

Anyway, we're getting off point. Saints players in the media tonight saying they'd be absolutely amazed if he left us for United as he has his sights set higher. I'd go along with that.

So what if his sights are set higher? GMS had his sights set on playing in england - only celtic came for him. Who's looking at Wright? How much further can he take a club with an average gate of 3k?

How much further can he take a club with an average gate of 3k?

Over 25 years of generating good income from McDiarmid Park as a 7 day a week business and folk still come out with crap like this. Unbelievable.

If I was a prospective United manager and witnessed that shower of shite today I wouldn't come anywhere the place particularly if my team had just pumped 'title contenders' 5-1.

The problems in the team are so bad at the moment that I don't think anyone is a guaranteed 'they will keep United up' let alone some of the folk who have been banded about. Bar Mcgowan and possibly Fraser (who was pish today) and rankin (just because he looks like he actually gives a f**k) I'd happily sack everyone of the starting 11 today.

Archived