Next Dundee United Manager

409 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back from a weeks holiday and not reading through the whole thread from where I left off.

Would a good summary be that big mixu was always the first choice of board and most posters and that Utds players will now miraculously become better overnight?

Back from a weeks holiday and not reading through the whole thread from where I left off.

Would a good summary be that big mixu was always the first choice of board and most posters and that Utds players will now miraculously become better overnight?

United players aren't bad players. Don't no what went wrong under Jackie but yes they can improve over night, happens all the time soon soon as new manager comes in things improve!!

Wrong as usual.

The arbitrary nature of football management.

You are totally reliant on your team turning up and putting in a consistent performance. Given the proclivities of footballers it's more luck than professionalism half the time. Jackie has learned this the hard way. Hopefully mixu has given them a good kick up the arse and we can look forward to a half decent performance tomorrow.

If memory serves me right Mixu's Kilmarnock time started with 9 or 10 winless streak, can United afford such a period?

It was a two match winless streak (one of which was against Rangers at Ibrox), but close enough I guess.

I wasn't at the game on Sunday, but speaking to pals, they've been telling me Mixu was certainly not first choice amongst a great deal of the support. However, what's done is done and you need to get behind him and the team. Results are what matters. Like others have said, I'd accept 10th place at the end of the season right now. It'll be an almighty effort to even achieve that, based on current form, the table doesn't lie, United are deservedly rooted to the bottom of the league.

• 1 month later...

Mixu's now the favourite in the league to be the next manager to leave his post after dropping to 7/2. Gary Locke meanwhile, is also joint favourite. Archibald trails at 6/1 in third.

Mixu's now the favourite in the league to be the next manager to leave his post after dropping to 7/2. Gary Locke meanwhile, is also joint favourite. Archibald trails at 6/1 in third.

Quit Hibs, walked out on Killie then quit Finland.

Could be a decent shout.

Archived