Next Dundee United Manager

409 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeeezus....

6 Fucking pages on here now of pure speculation as to where Mixu came in the pecking order when presumably a list of potential candidates was first drawn up.

Does it really matter?

Will this debate re-surface every time Utd lose a game from now until their next managerial appointment?

Jeeezus....

6 Fucking pages on here now of pure speculation as to where Mixu came in the pecking order when presumably a list of potential candidates was first drawn up.

Does it really matter?

Will this debate re-surface every time Utd lose a game from now until their next managerial appointment?

Yes. Yes it will and rightly so.

That's the pressure of managing with expectations. There are probably 6 or 7 clubs in the division who would be happy enough to finish 10th.

So if United claw their way back to 10th, should Mixu be relieved of his duties at the end of the season? Just asking to gauge what the minimum expectation is for Mixu.

So if United claw their way back to 10th, should Mixu be relieved of his duties at the end of the season? Just asking to gauge what the minimum expectation is for Mixu.

The absolute minimum?

For me it's simple

1. Avoid relegation

2. Streamline the squad and work with a settled first team

3. Instil in that team a determination and work rate we haven't seen this year.

Lacking ambitions?

Couldn't give a f**k what anyone else thinks - we need to rebuild and these are the basic requirements for me that will enable that process to succeed.

Before the season started I wasn't confident of making top 6, so mid-table safety would do for me if we could see encouraging signs of better organisation and workrate. This season is probably to be written off as a rebuild job but we need to see some progress at least.

1. Avoid relegation

This, these are the absolute minimum stipulations I'd be happy with at this current time.

Anything that happens above and beyond these will be a bonus.

The absolute minimum?

For me it's simple

1. Avoid relegation

Lacking ambitions?

Couldn't give a f**k what anyone else thinks - we need to rebuild and these are the basic requirements for me that will enable that process to succeed.

This

Before the season started I wasn't confident of making top 6, so mid-table safety would do for me if we could see encouraging signs of better organisation and workrate. This season is probably to be written off as a rebuild job but we need to see some progress at least.

This

The majority of sensible fans would bite your hand off for a 10th place and a couple of decent results in the cups.

and This

The biggest disappointment/failure was not replacing Jackie McNamara in the summer after an absolutely disasterous second half to last season. Not only has it led to a bottom six spot but Mixu is inheriting some questionable signings and a team (apparently) devoid of motivation. Avoiding relegation whilst rebuilding will be a success in my eyes.

That's the pressure of managing with expectations. There are probably 6 or 7 clubs in the division who would be happy enough to finish 10th.

The majority of sensible fans would bite your hand off for a 10th place and a couple of decent results in the cups.

ggzshDr.gif

ggzshDr.gif

When my post is taken in context with the one I replied to, I was meaning that there are 6 or 7 clubs for whom a 10th place finish probably wouldn't necessarily result in the manager's job being under threat. You disagree with this?

Not buying that the sensible United fans would be happy with 10th. They are within catching distance (given it's October) of Dundee and have a far bigger wage budget than anyone in league (other than the top 2).

Never understood this feeling amongst their support that 5th - 8th is a success. They've likely spent more since January than anyone but Celtic and Aberdeen.

This book tells the inside story of Mixu's first post in management - came in after his predecessor was done for assault, then gave Cowden our first title in 67 years. Brilliant guy who loves attacking football, and who is great at developing young players.

post-882-0-51404300-1445071700_thumb.jpg

post-882-0-98965600-1445071721_thumb.jpg

Not buying that the sensible United fans would be happy with 10th. They are within catching distance (given it's October) of Dundee and have a far bigger wage budget than anyone in league (other than the top 2).

Never understood this feeling amongst their support that 5th - 8th is a success. They've likely spent more since January than anyone but Celtic and Aberdeen.

Right now, given our performances and our current position, 10th looks a long way off. A few quick wins and that ideal finish would no doubt change, but I feel that the job will be nowhere near that simple.

We do have a huge wage budget, but his first job will be to cut that, and get rid of a fair amount of dross.

Archived