Next Dundee United Manager

409 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For a club that brought out a DVD when they won the challenge cup I would say they are definitely including the northern Irish league cup as a "major honour".

Did we? I don't remember that!

That's a pure minter.

For a club that brought out a DVD when they won the challenge cup I would say they are definitely including the northern Irish league cup as a "major honour".

Yes we did. Sure I have the DVD. Cosgrove narrated it, it's fantastic because Goran Stanic is in it.

Your club released a DVD because they won a diddy cup by beating Stephen Kenny's Dunfermline team. That must have been a big seller.

Not sure why you would be so arrogant about the Irish league tbh.

Possibly because it's an appalling standard which makes our top flight look like La Liga.

That article says Utd will turn their attention back to Tommy Wright, seemingly oblivious to the fact that he's just signed a new contract.

Or United have reason to believe that was a protectionist move by St Johnstone to ensure a bigger payout should anyone want to poach Wright.

Or the Dee Courier is talking pish.

Take your pick.

Your club released a DVD because they won a diddy cup by beating Stephen Kenny's Dunfermline team. That must have been a big seller.

Possibly because it's an appalling standard which makes our top flight look like La Liga.

^^^Seething about losing the final.

Or United have reason to believe that was a protectionist move by St Johnstone to ensure a bigger payout should anyone want to poach Wright.

Or the Dee Courier is talking pish.

Take your pick.

Certainly a protectionist move, but I highly doubt it's to protect ourselves from the likes of Dundee United.

The Courier published the article a few hours before the deal was announced, and for once the deal wasn't leaked before it was announced by the club (although there were rumours going around about talks).

Agree that The Courier haver some amount of pish sometimes though, although not as much as the Tele.

Mixu favourite now at Ladbrokes, Hughes out to evens. They really don't have a fucking clue. :lol:

I don't think anyone does to be fair.

I still think Hughes will go. Yesterdays meeting was meant to be about giving him a new deal but I suspect, like Butcher before, he will have told the Chairman that he would like to talk to United. Given how badly ICT managers have done since leaving the club Hughes could do well to bear that in mind. Paterson, Robertson, Brewster and Butcher all struggled after leaving ICT. Worth remembering this.

Would be great if we got another day of drama out of this. Someone keep us up to date with whatever the bookies are doing please.

Mixu's now a nose behind Yogi with Sky and a length ahead with Ladbrokes. McCall's coming up strongly in the rear.

That article says Utd will turn their attention back to Tommy Wright, seemingly oblivious to the fact that he's just signed a new contract.

I don't think it's as straight forward as that. Are there not normally lawyers involved to go over the contract? It usually takes months. Look at Hartley with us when he signed his extension. United could potentially hijack the deal.

Funny hearing a Par being snooty about the Challenge Cup. I'd love a compilation dvd of our 4 victories.

Theyre winning games in League One. Heady days for them so not overly surprising they get carried away sometimes.

Archived