Next Dundee United Manager

409 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It'd be worse than that, he'd start of with the support being considerably split on his appointment.

It was like that when he went to ICT. Most were probably happy but there were a few, myself included, who weren't convinced. He's done a great job obviously but you could argue that he took over a very well oiled machine when he came in. At United it looks like much more of a rebuilding job for him and is he good enough for it? He's not exactly excelled so far in terms of players signed at ICT to replace the likes of Mckay and Watkins. Even Miles Storey, as pointed out on this thread earlier, was picked up by our chairman and not Hughes himself. If (when) he does go it will be interesting to see how he rebuilds that United side. I'm not so sure he'll be up to the task.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was like that when he went to ICT. Most were probably happy but there were a few, myself included, who weren't convinced. He's done a great job obviously but you could argue that he took over a very well oiled machine when he came in. At United it looks like much more of a rebuilding job for him and is he good enough for it? He's not exactly excelled so far in terms of players signed at ICT to replace the likes of Mckay and Watkins. Even Miles Storey, as pointed out on this thread earlier, was picked up by our chairman and not Hughes himself. If (when) he does go it will be interesting to see how he rebuilds that United side. I'm not so sure he'll be up to the task.

He'll rebuild the United side by signing all our out of contract players on pre-contracts in January.

Reckon Yogi will be a good manager at United. Needs to be given time and some freedom to do his thing. Board need to back him to some degree, but he is more than capable of getting United playing football again and getting the best out of some of the talent there.

Another abject humiliation for Dundee United at the hands of Tommy Wright.

Nope. TW has proven he is a very astute operator and weighed up the big challenge/ pressure facing a new manager at United, vs the comfort zone he has built for himself at Perth. If he managed to get more money from a new contract for no more pressure then it's a no brainer to stay put.

Bookies are still taking bets on Yogi, don't think this is a done deal yet.

Think you're right. If it was me I'd be wanting some pretty strong assurance from Mr B. Snake as to how the club is going to be run over the next 12-24 months, what resources will be available , and what are the plans re the much vaunted youth set up.

Think there is a narrative that J-mac had the rug pulled from under him and wasn't given enough time - there's going to need to be a power of work put into overcoming that.

Archived