Next Dundee United Manager

409 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hughes would probably be my least preferred option out of Wright, Irvine, Mixu and McCall. Inherited a successful side at ICT and fair play to him for keeping run going but didnt have to rebuild. Had a tough job at Hartlepool who were struggling and didn't manage to turn them round although they were in a really bad place.

Would prefer someone with proven record of coming in and shaking things up.

On the plus side if he was to come and do well I cant see their being a rush for him. :rolleyes:

I would warn against Terrance Butcher in that case.

What about Jimmy Calderwood?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If yogi uses this as an opportunity for a pay rise and pies Utd in the same manner Tommy did I will laugh my cock off.

Not quite the plum job the DABs and media were making it out to be :lol:

Would be pretty hilarious tbh

Have to wonder why United are spending so much time trying to get managers already in a job though. Realistically they could've already had a Mixu in and settled, had a couple of days training and a full week to prepare for the next game. Its starting to get a bit rushed now.

Rumours that their waiting until after the Scotland games to appoint McCall, which makes sense, as you'd assume they'd have appointed Paatelainen by now if they wanted too.

If Hughes knocks it back as well it'll be almost worth it for the collective United Mad aneurism.

They then go to Mixu who tells you to GTF cos he's off to Motherwell. I can't put into words quite how awesome that would be.

Right good bunch of boys at Tannadice for Hughes to work with.

According to 'Psycho' they are a bunch of shitebags.

I think it would be a disaster and they would end up relegated. Hughes can't seem to really handle the pressure at times

Fucking hope so m8.

Would be pretty hilarious tbh

Have to wonder why United are spending so much time trying to get managers already in a job though. Realistically they could've already had a Mixu in and settled, had a couple of days training and a full week to prepare for the next game. Its starting to get a bit rushed now.

Rumours that their waiting until after the Scotland games to appoint McCall, which makes sense, as you'd assume they'd have appointed Paatelainen by now if they wanted too.

Are you seriously suggesting that United should rush the appointment for the sake of a couple of days' training?

United have already spoken with Mixu, McCall and Irvine. As far as anyone knows all three are still under consideration. They've asked to speak to Wright and now look like speaking to Hughes. There may well be others. Is it really such an alien concept that the club might want to speak to several candidates before making a decision and that that process might take a couple of weeks?

Hughes would probably be my least preferred option out of Wright, Irvine, Mixu and McCall. Inherited a successful side at ICT and fair play to him for keeping run going but didnt have to rebuild. Had a tough job at Hartlepool who were struggling and didn't manage to turn them round although they were in a really bad place.

Would prefer someone with proven record of coming in and shaking things up.

On the plus side if he was to come and do well I cant see their being a rush for him. :rolleyes:

This is something he is doing now at ICT and his signings have largely been 'meh' so far. Lopez has looked abysmal and Wedderburn has barely featured. Even the recent acquisition of Storey was down to the chairman and not Hughes picking him up :lol:

Are you seriously suggesting that United should rush the appointment for the sake of a couple of days' training?

United have already spoken with Mixu, McCall and Irvine. As far as anyone knows all three are still under consideration. They've asked to speak to Wright and now look like speaking to Hughes. There may well be others. Is it really such an alien concept that the club might want to speak to several candidates before making a decision and that that process might take a couple of weeks?

Seems as if, to me, the first port of call would've been enquiring about top targets under contract at other clubs. Why wait until you'd already interviewed the others until you decide to even contact those clubs? Seems back to front

Seems as if, to me, the first port of call would've been enquiring about top targets under contract at other clubs. Why wait until you'd already interviewed the others until you decide to even contact those clubs? Seems back to front

By all accounts United wanted to speak to 7 guys (that we know about): McCall, Mixu, Pressley, O'Neill, Irvine, Wright and Hughes. McCall, Mixu and Irvine were available and interested and have been spoken to; Pressley, O'Neill and Wright declined the offer of an interview and now Hughes is to be spoken to. I'm not entirely clear why you would hold off interviewing guys who can be interviewed easily in favour of guys where the situation is more difficult.

By all accounts United wanted to speak to 7 guys (that we know about): McCall, Mixu, Pressley, O'Neill, Irvine, Wright and Hughes. McCall, Mixu and Irvine were available and interested and have been spoken to; Pressley, O'Neill and Wright declined the offer of an interview and now Hughes is to be spoken to. I'm not entirely clear why you would hold off interviewing guys who can be interviewed easily in favour of guys where the situation is more difficult.

I'm not saying they should, I'm saying that they should've contacted the clubs before the interviews

Archived