Next Dundee United Manager

409 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There isn't mate.

I did a thread last season about a Dundee/Utd XI. You had Armstrong, GMS, Fojut, ciftci, cierzniak etc at the time and we still had letheren in goal etc.

It was predominantly Utd players.

If I did a thread now, and if I'm bored I might, I can think of 2 or 3 tops that would be Utd players.

We have improved marginally from last season but utds squad has regressed so much that the main reason for this shift is more your decline than our improvement.

Aye its all opinions. I dont think Utd players have regressed as much as you think. I would put it down more to JMac and his inability to organise, continual tinkering and not having a clue what his best team/formation was. Not arguing that Dundee for the first time in a while have a number of players who would get in the United side and it may well be half and half for me and possibly edge it. I also think Dundee have a really good squad now though and should be looking at 4th or 5th.

Should be an interesting day anyway.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye its all opinions. I dont think Utd players have regressed as much as you think. I would put it down more to JMac and his inability to organise, continual tinkering and not having a clue what his best team/formation was. Not arguing that Dundee for the first time in a while have a number of players who would get in the United side and it may well be half and half for me. I also think Dundee have a really good squad now though and should be looking at 4th or 5th.

Should be an interesting day anyway.

Half and half :lol:

Aside from the fact it's impossible to have 5.5 players each there's no chance 5 or 6 Utd players make it.

Let's see your Dundee XI

Life must be even more shite as a Dundee fan than any of us ever realised. All your enjoyment in life is derived from what happens to other teams! I almost want them to go out and win a major honour, just so they can feel happiness of their own. Almost..

Pull my strings - you're suggesting Geoff Brown has gone to the papers to try to convince Tommy to stay? Is it not more likely that the courier, who will be selling loads of extra papers over this prolonged saga, are just looking for even more stuff to write about to keep it all going, so contacted Geoff and asked his opinion??

He simply gave an opinion which is pretty much the same as most Saints fans over this.

Life must be even more shite as a Dundee fan than any of us ever realised. All your enjoyment in life is derived from what happens to other teams! I almost want them to go out and win a major honour, just so they can feel happiness of their own. Almost..

Pull my strings - you're suggesting Geoff Brown has gone to the papers to try to convince Tommy to stay? Is it not more likely that the courier, who will be selling loads of extra papers over this prolonged saga, are just looking for even more stuff to write about to keep it all going, so contacted Geoff and asked his opinion??

He simply gave an opinion which is pretty much the same as most Saints fans over this.

^^^^^^Heads gone

Fair enough Wright has got a better deal at Perth, played it perfectly, and obviously happy with his lot.

I'd go for Hughes, shorter contract and probably more ambitious than Wright.

Indeed, very well played by Wright. Never wanted him anyway.

Still hope we don't go for Hughes though, there has to be better, more inspiring out there.

Indeed, very well played by Wright. Never wanted him anyway.

Still hope we don't go for Hughes though, there has to be better, more inspiring out there.

Better than Hughes? You mean better than someone who has won the Scottish Cup, qualified for Europe and finished higher than Dundee United with a fraction of your budget all while playing attractive football? If Dundee United are in the market for someone who has achieved more than that in Scottish football you'll be looking for quite a while.

Love how no-one in Perth trusts a word Duthie says when he was saying Utd had found the "Wright" man etc but now his word is gospel :lol:

Who is taking his word as gospel?

He's the biggest United cheerleader on twitter.

In fairness, Robert Thomson (Sun journalist and Saints fan) has been hinting at a new contract with Saints for a few days now too.

Archived