Next Dundee United Manager

409 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loving the progression of the St Johnstone fans here.

"THERE'S NO WAY HE'S GOING!!!!!!!!1111111111!", "He'd be mad to go", "I don't care if he goes, he's rubbish unless we're underdogs"

Where next?

He'll be hailed as the best manager we've ever had at the weekend when his new deals announced

Quite disappointed there hasn't been a screenshot of bookies odds or a Jim Spence tweet in the last couple of hours as I like to be kept up to date with shit that means nothing whatsoever.

post-21367-14441533079053_thumb.jpgBarry Ferguson worth a punt IMO

Why would he have his pick of bigger jobs in England if he stays at saints for another year? He has already peaked with st johnstone.

If he goes to United and takes them from bottom of the league to a European place then people will really notice him.

So your argument is that taking a bigger side with a far bigger budget into Europe is a better, more noteworthy achievement than taking a smaller side with a smaller budget into Europe?

So your argument is that taking a bigger side with a far bigger budget into Europe is a better, more noteworthy achievement than taking a smaller side with a smaller budget into Europe?

Presumably the argument is that taking two different teams into Europe is more noteworthy; showing that he can steadily improve one team and then radically turn around another team is more noteworthy. Seems reasonable.

Presumably the argument is that taking two different teams into Europe is more noteworthy; showing that he can steadily improve one team and then radically turn around another team is more noteworthy. Seems reasonable.

sir Alex Ferguson would not take United to Europe this season.

Why would he have his pick of bigger jobs in England if he stays at saints for another year? He has already peaked with st johnstone.

If he goes to United and takes them from bottom of the league to a European place then people will really notice him.

Stop havering pish. If he takes us to another top 6 finish, or even Europe, again, then his reputation will never be higher. He'd have to win the league with United to surpass it.

He's undoubtedly our greatest ever manager, we're fucking no marks, after all. Our last 3 seasons should be pretty standard for United, given their size and resources. So I struggle to see how returning them to their natural position, would really be much of an achievement.

Our last three managers have all went to much bigger clubs than Dundee United, where are United's last three these days?

Why do you people keep saying this as if it matters even the tiniest speckle. The best one was the guy who claimed St Johnstone were gaining a reputation for developing managers.

I actually agree with this. United have sold all their best players and are really at the bottom of the pile and look like staying there. Saints have a team that TW has mainly pulled together himself and knows how to manage inside out. If he goes to United and pulls them out of this hole and into a top three it will show that he can turn other teams around, show great man management as he can get the best out of the not so good players and be able to use limited resources (the poor United squad) to the best of their ability.

However, if he does this and doesn't leave to a bigger club than United after doing this, he might be in the same situation as he is now. If he doesn't and they get relegated, it's a massive blip in his career.

Del Boy has obviously peaked at the Dung heap.

post-18781-14441657813368_thumb.jpg

I very much doubt he would get them relegated, Wright has shown with st Johnstone that he can organise his team well and defend properly, things McNamara was incapable of. Even taking United to top six instead of doing it with saints would be a great achievement given the circumstances.

It Wright genuinely has ambition then I expect he would see the united situation as a challenge he is capable of handling.

I disagree with the first part. The league is still wide open at the moment. United look awful, but could easily claw back some points quickly with a good manager in charge.

If Wright achieved what he has at Saints with United if he does go and gets them out of this position - a cup and two European qualifications on the trot, it WONT look as good due to the extra finance he'll have. He would need to finish second and win a trophy within two years to show he can handle extra resources that he is given.

I am obviously in the minority that still thinks this as there is an absolute shit load of pessimism around tannadice these days but the squad that whoever inherits is nowhere near as bad as is being made out. McNamara had recruited way too many players of dubious quality and had completely lost the plot by the end but there is still a good solid squad in there. Just needs someone to come in and get them organised and fighting again.

If that's to be Wright so be it. Wouldn't be too upset if he didn't come. He is playing it very well and his main concern looks to be getting himself a new far more lucrative contract out of Brown. I'd be happy with Mixu or Alan Irvine.

The sooner the better though.

I was enjoying this thread until Liam Craig got man of the match in a 5-1 win. That's a shanner.

As for Tommy Wright, will he look at his former boss Lomas' disaster down south and look to stay in Scotland just now for more money budget and a bigger club? I know I certainly would.

I am obviously in the minority that still thinks this as there is an absolute shit load of pessimism around tannadice these days but the squad that whoever inherits is nowhere near as bad as is being made out. McNamara had recruited way too many players of dubious quality and had completely lost the plot by the end but there is still a good solid squad in there. Just needs someone to come in and get them organised and fighting again.

If that's to be Wright so be it. Wouldn't be too upset if he didn't come. He is playing it very well and his main concern looks to be getting himself a new far more lucrative contract out of Brown. I'd be happy with Mixu or Alan Irvine.

The sooner the better though.

You're in dreamland if you think either of them would want to manage St Johnstone considering they are going through the best period of their history and replacing a legend. It will be someone looking for a chance or someone on the shit heap like when Hughes went to Inverness to replace Butcher who similarly done brilliant with ICT. Wouldn't surprise me if it was Lomas or even Jackie Mac.

Archived