Next Dundee United Manager

409 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For all the talk of lack of subsequent success for managers who move jobs within the Premiership, it's sobering to note Saints have a solid record of managers turning down bigger jobs in the top league - and then utterly imploding.

• Back in the 1980s, Alex Rennie turned down a job at full-time St Mirren about six months before triumphantly leading us to successive relegations and the bottom of the senior football leagues.
  • And in 1999, Sandy Clark rejected overtures from Hearts just so he could finish the job of relegating us single-handedly.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For all the talk of lack of subsequent success for managers who move jobs within the Premiership, it's sobering to note Saints have a solid record of managers turning down bigger jobs in the top league - and then utterly imploding.

• Back in the 1980s, Alex Rennie turned down a job at full-time St Mirren about six months before triumphantly leading us to successive relegations and the bottom of the senior football leagues.
  • And in 1999, Sandy Clark rejected overtures from Hearts just so he could finish the job of relegating us single-handedly.
Dont think Tommy is in that category of incompetence. Although, if he went to Utd and relegated them it would be a splendid variation on your theme.

When was the last time a manager who moved between top flight clubs was successful? Cant think of one recently anyway.

That's not to say it wouldn't work but I would be just as happy happy with Mixu, or Irvine.

Craig Brown saved Aberdeen from certain relegation and signed McGinn, Hayes and Reynolds. That's about it. Quite good for a bumbling oaf.

On the subject of Fleetwood Town its possibly a bit surprising Graham Alexanders not been mentioned with this or the Motherwell job so far

On the subject of Fleetwood Town its possibly a bit surprising Graham Alexanders not been mentioned with this or the Motherwell job so far

Dont worry , you can add him to the next Fermers manager poll which will be up in the next few days.

Dont worry , you can add him to the next Fermers manager poll which will be up in the next few days.

Not convinced there would be any need for a poll tbh, Callum Davidsons been considered TWs successor since he was appointed his assistant

I'll be gutted if he goes, they're obviously a bigger club. I just don't believe it will happen though.

Have another good season with us and he should have his pick of bigger jobs in England come the summer.

Our last three managers have all went to much bigger clubs than Dundee United, where are United's last three these days? It's good job but at the wrong time.

Quite disappointed there hasn't been a screenshot of bookies odds or a Jim Spence tweet in the last couple of hours as I like to be kept up to date with shit that means nothing whatsoever.

I'll be gutted if he goes, they're obviously a bigger club. I just don't believe it will happen though.

Have another good season with us and he should have his pick of bigger jobs in England come the summer.

Our last three managers have all went to much bigger clubs than Dundee United, where are United's last three these days? It's good job but at the wrong time.

Levein's DoF at Hearts, Houston's at Falkirk and Jackie's lying on a beach in the Caribbean.

Archived