Next Dundee United Manager

409 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

RamdomGuy to be "absolutely astounded" at the "utterly brutal" substitutions Wright makes in the next game v Thistle.

Imagine they'll be literally the worst things Ive ever seen

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a one horse race with SkyBet. No doubt it will be completely different tomorrow.

Next Permanent Dundee Utd Manager

Tommy Wright 1/3 Mixu Paatelainen 3/1 John Hughes 12/1 Alan Irvine 12/1 Stuart McCall 12/1

Steven Pressley is 1/10 for the Fleetwood job :lol: Elite level indeed.

i imagine theres been absolutely shit tonnes put on Wright over the last 24 hours, no wonder his odds are like that

i imagine theres been absolutely shit tonnes put on Wright over the last 24 hours, no wonder his odds are like that

The books dont take 'shit tonnes' on these markets. They are very small interest only markets and a tenner on an outsider or 50 quid (if your lucky to get that much accepted) on a favourite will see their price be slashed. Also if you are in the know and get a decent price your account will all but be closed when they pay out.

They don't have inside knowledge and he is only that price as United have made it clear they are interested in speaking to him.

Dont think Wright will come. The Helsinki Flash to be unveiled to the worlds press on Weds is my call.

Hopefully Wright stays now. These past 10 pages have been sheer panic from the normally sensible and stoic Saintees.

You've been gone too long. With very few exceptions saints fans are reactionary fan boys. See posts relating to Swanson, Danny for another recent example.

^ One of the tweeting about United being "the biggest opportunity he'll ever get"

Not tweeting that at all.

I think Wright is a good manager that would get a club down south no bother. I think the St Johnstone chairman is playing it well by making the statement he has. What I am saying is we can match any offer saints make so it is up to Wright if he wants to leave if he does Brown can say we did all we could to keep him

I think the hysteria is fantastic, no matter what happens there is going to be breakdowns all over the shop. It's great reading after work!

My tuppence worth is, I'm not sure Wright is even the right man for the United job. I think if we'd signed Andy Robertson like we tried to, he'd still be back up to Easton to this day.

I think the hysteria is fantastic, no matter what happens there is going to be breakdowns all over the shop. It's great reading after work!

My tuppence worth is, I'm not sure Wright is even the right man for the United job. I think if we'd signed Andy Robertson like we tried to, he'd still be back up to Easton to this day.

I can't see there being any breakdowns if he stays at Saints, tbf. Most United fans would reluctantly admit that Wright's a good manager but there's no particular enthusiasm for him coming to United.

I can't see there being any breakdowns if he stays at Saints, tbf. Most United fans would reluctantly admit that Wright's a good manager but there's no particular enthusiasm for him coming to United.

I was thinking more likely Ludo and Jim Spence, but I'd be inclined to agree. Then again there's always someone who loses it.

You've been gone too long. With very few exceptions saints fans are reactionary fan boys. See posts relating to Swanson, Danny for another recent example.

I didn't want Swanson and I'm sanguine about the prospect of Tommy leaving*. I feel like an outlier.

* To clarify: I don't want Tommy to leave, but he's not the tactical genius some are making him out to be. I think he'd be a massive fail at United too. So that would be funny.

Tommy Wright excels in the tactical game where saints are not favourite. However, he has some shocking tactical errors / team selections when saints are playing against teams they should maybe be beating. This season for example can think of Ross county and ICT at home. Both games I feel he got the tactics and line ups wrong in both. Then we have the debacle recently at killie. One up and cruising, changes team tactics and we sit in and get humped for the remainder of the match. If he can learn to be just that little bit more positive against the killies, Dundee, thistke especially away from home then this will take him to the next level. He is still a relatively young manager so still learning to master his craft. He would be badly missed if he goes but as they say, the show will go on with it without him.

That's pretty much what I'm getting too. There's definitely more saints wanting him to stay than Arabs wanting him to go.

That's pretty much what I'm getting too. There's definitely more saints wanting him to stay than Arabs wanting him to go.

Of course, because we've done very well with him at the helm. Doesn't mean many of us aren't blind to a few perceived weaknesses, or that we think Tommy won't have a bad spell in the future.

Tommy Wright is much more tactically coherent than he gets credit for, his ability to find a game plan to trouble teams is one of his biggest strengths for me. I can't understand why fans of a side with a much bigger budget that he has outperformed during his tenure at Saints would not be exciting by him. Is it because he doesn't look the part?

On another note, he'd lose very little of the goodwill he's built up on my part were he to move up the Tay, I can see the attraction of doubling your wages without uprooting your family. I obviously wouldn't want him to succeed at our expense but I wouldn't want him to fail either. I don't believe it will happen though.

I agree with this.

Last season, Hartleys Dundee team were new kids on the block and it was relatively early on in the season when we first met at McDiarmid. Clearly Wright hadn't had the time to assess our team properly, what with it being a squad of new players etc. We beat you at a canter that day and I thought we would have the measure of you ov the season.

Suffice it to say we never beat you again.

This season we similarly have a sea change in personnel and a slightly different approach and again we beat you at Dens, this time again pretty comfortably. I won't be surprised if Wright learns from that and cracks it for the remaining games.

Hopefully Hartley will use the old brain to come up with a plan B, I certainly think we have the personnel for that now which wasn't really an option last season.

I'm not sure that Brown would say that Wright is happy at Saints without Wright's say so to be honest. Pretty daft to make a statement saying the manager is happy, we wont accept any compensation etc if the manager turns around the next day and says he does want to leave.

Tommy usually goes back to Northern Ireland for a few days during International breaks. Every chance he's not said anything to the press if he is having a few days back home.

I'm not sure that Brown would say that Wright is happy at Saints without Wright's say so to be honest. Pretty daft to make a statement saying the manager is happy, we wont accept any compensation etc if the manager turns around the next day and says he does want to leave.

Tommy usually goes back to Northern Ireland for a few days during International breaks. Every chance he's not said anything to the press if he is having a few days back home.

I think you might be reaching now.

I think you might be reaching now.

In what respect am I reaching? Brown doesn't make statements lightly - the last one was during last summer's 'no budget' debacle, when he was frank about the reasons that TW hadn't been given any additional money to spend. Would be against his character to give the fans assurances about Tommy if something different had been muted behind closed doors.

The Ghost of Jim Morton says this isn't happening, so my mind is at rest. :rolleyes:

Archived