Next Dundee United Manager

409 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've just checked his Twitter, has Spence said anything yet which could be construed as wrong?

The £50k compensation story came from him tbf, something he defended and now ignores.

Apart from that hes just tweeting like a fan of his club who has a favourite he wants to take over. Tom Duthie actually said yesterday he knew the search for a new manager was over, changed every "right" to "Wright", said the new manager wouldnt be Scottish and was "jut down the road", now hes saying its unlikely :lol:

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The £50k compensation story came from him tbf, something he defended and now ignores.

Apart from that hes just tweeting like a fan of his club who has a favourite he wants to take over. Tom Duthie actually said yesterday he knew the search for a new manager was over, changed every "right" to "Wright", said the new manager wouldnt be Scottish and was "jut down the road", now hes saying its unlikely :lol:

I haven't seen the £50k story, can you post a link.

Duthie's a fanny. I've no interest on anything he's said.

I haven't seen the £50k story, can you post a link.

Duthie's a fanny. I've no interest on anything he's said.

50k compensation for Tommy Wright. @dundeeunitedfc would be daft not to talk to him. As I said in @thecourieruk yesterday he's a good fit1f60f.png

@davidfarrellfaz @dundeeunitedfc @thecourieruk agree, but that's my info and given that compo is important him, Mixu, McCall all in frame.

As someone else had said if 50k was the compensation, how come Sheffield United never offered it when they were sniffing about Wright in the summer?

Cheers. That's looking pretty unlikely certainly.

Yeah, can't help but feel someone may have known how he felt about Wright and wanted to make a fool of him, maybe I'm just trying to be nice though.

Twitters fun btw, that £50k comment led to hundreds of United fans quoting it saying it'll be absolutely no bother and hes destined to sign. Now that our chairmans said he'll refuse every approach its an even bigger sign Wrights joining because Wright himself hasn't said anything on it.

Strange world we live in.

To be honest I thought Spency was a good guy whilst chatting to him for a few hours in Norway. Then he didn't grasp the concept of a round and is basically almost as bad as Baldermort, bloody Spencius Snape*.

*yes I'm aware he is actually not a bad guy, but couldn't think of another decent name!

**ohh and I actually like Jum so it's all good.

Spencius Crouch Junior? Bellatrix Le Spence?

As someone else had said if 50k was the compensation, how come Sheffield United never offered it when they were sniffing about Wright in the summer?

That argument only works if you know for sure that Wednesday definitely wanted him and would pay £50k but wouldn't pay a slightly higher sum. I'm not sure either premise can really be relied upon.

That argument only works if you know for sure that Wednesday definitely wanted him and would pay £50k but wouldn't pay a slightly higher sum. I'm not sure either premise can really be relied upon.

Wednesday never wanted him ;)

Has some daft wee laddie uploaded songs about dundee then? That's a bit embarrassing. In fact, the only thing I could think that would be worse would be if our club song mentioned the team we try desperately hard to pretend we don't give a f**k about in the opening lyrics ....

"Irrelevant" :)

Its st Mirren m8. Sorry to disappoint you, you mug.

At this stage, Mixu is the ideal appointment. McCall and Wright are safe pairs of hands who I highly doubt would fail at United and whilst I reckon Mixu would have the potential to far outperform either of them due to his style and the players United have - I also think he's got a much larger chance of being a complete disaster than the other candidates do.

So Tommy Wright for the St J lolz or Mixu for the potential United lolz. McCall therefore will probably be the one that gets it then...

Kyles posted it on WAP, and Perth based journalist Robert Thomson linked to it, but it'll be in The Sun and most other newspapers that Tommy Wrights will be/has been offered a wage rise and new contract by St Johnstone. He's played this whole thing pretty well tbh, and fair play to him. We were willing to pay mega money to Sandaza and May to try and keep them here, and Tommy feels he should be in that same bracket, probably rightly.

CQlZ9PiVEAEZ03n.jpg

Archived