Next Dundee United Manager

409 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Watching RandomGuy go through several stages of outpouring emotion hour by hour as it becomes more likely that St Johnstone will be suffering a 'Billy Dodds' moment is fascinating viewing.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a love for the club and i have no desire to conceal it, if it makes me a laughing stock on here then so be it.

In the cold light of day keeping the core of the squad together is far more important than the manager, realistically, seeing as theyve now performed under three different gaffers. The worry is a Lomas like situation where he destroys that dressing room, as we're reaching the part of our usual cycle when we start to drop. The next appointment, regardless of whem TW leaves, is the most important one we've had.

I have a love for the club and i have no desire to conceal it, if it makes me a laughing stock on here then so be it.

I think it's good to be emotional. But be careful: lose it a bit more often and you might be invited onto the United board.

[Edit to add: whether Wright goes or not, I think the next year is important. Can Wright build a team for five years hence, as Sturrock and McInnes did? That's what's - so far - missing from his CV and vitally important to Saints.]

PS: Wonder what happened to Sturrock?

Touched a nerve there chum? Never mind, I realise that it must be difficult for you as a supporter of the wee Dundee team, and I'm sure your fellow supporters will turn out in numbers when you're relegated.

Meanwhile;

post-4683-0-89462200-1402415014.jpg

Losing it. Very publically.

They asked him on sport scene about TW going to Utd. He said Saints are a good side going well, it's a slightly bigger club and might be a bit more cash but look at what many previous Saints managers have done after Saints.. He thinks the next move for Tommy will possibly be a bigger step than Dundee United.

They asked him on sport scene about TW going to Utd. He said Saints are a good side going well, it's a slightly bigger club and might be a bit more cash but look at what many previous Saints managers have done after Saints.. He thinks the next move for Tommy will possibly be a bigger step than Dundee United.

i

Thing is, if Tommy shows any interest he'd have United over a barrel so could negotiate a very decent contract. He's done great things for the farmers and his team have just racked up a great win against the best of the rest. He could name his price. We are desperate and need someone in quickly who won't need a learning curve with regards to the competition.

This is a " strike whilst the iron is hot" situation. Who knows what the rest of the season will hold for him and who if anyone will show any interest in him next year.

i

Thing is, if Tommy shows any interest he'd have United over a barrel so could negotiate a very decent contract. He's done great things for the farmers and his team have just racked up a great win against the best of the rest. He could name his price. We are desperate and need someone in quickly who won't need a learning curve with regards to the competition.

This is a " strike whilst the iron is hot" situation. Who knows what the rest of the season will hold for him and who if anyone will show any interest in him next year.

Saints will know exactly that. We can name our price regarding compensation - he's got nearly 2 years left on his current contract. Indeed, the Sun are reporting that United are desperate to get him, but Brown is equally desperate to keep him.

Could be an interesting few days.

I am a ICT fan but still ask the question: why would Tommy leave Saints for Tannadice!!?

It's a no brainer and also applies to Our John, stay at your current club for another year or two and get a top job in England instead of moving to United and getting relegated and ruining your reputation.

Plus, surely Mr Brown will want more compensation than the reported 200k in Hughes' contract!!

If Tommy goes then he is MAD imho!!

I am a ICT fan but still ask the question: why would Tommy leave Saints for Tannadice!!?

It's a no brainer and also applies to Our John, stay at your current club for another year or two and get a top job in England instead of moving to United and getting relegated and ruining your reputation.

Plus, surely Mr Brown will want more compensation than the reported 200k in Hughes' contract!!

If Tommy goes then he is MAD imho!!

Are you really this naive?

Rodgers being sacked probably puts our Klopp hopes to bed. Rats!

Justine's "cheap option" tweet could mean anything. Alleged frontrunner Mixu probably won't be cheap, and he's out of work. I still think it might be someone who has applied who few have considered as being in the running.

Where Jackie & Co end up is also quite intriguing.

Evening Telegraph reporting that Steve Browns rejected the approach from Dundee United to speak to Wright, and instead have to agree a compensation package with him first.

Time to step up Steve

Archived