Next Dundee United Manager

409 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DUNDEE UNT GET YER HANDS OFF !!!! HE'S OURS!!

If he continues doing as he's doing for Morton I bet he'll be one of the front runners for our job when Hartley inevitably leaves for better things. And P&B will rightly mock us for it.

I'm astounded the Tommy Wright rumours seem to be gathering pace and reaching every national newspaper, it would be one of the biggest heel turns in Scottish football history, and the mans virtually confirmed numerous times he has no interest in managing anyone else in this country, with only a spectacular job down South and the NI job being enough to tempt him to consider leaving.

I'm astounded the Tommy Wright rumours seem to be gathering pace and reaching every national newspaper, it would be one of the biggest heel turns in Scottish football history, and the mans virtually confirmed numerous times he has no interest in managing anyone else in this country, with only a spectacular job down South and the NI job being enough to tempt him to consider leaving.

You don't half slaver some shite.

He won't go to Utd most likely due to the boardroom machinations etc.

If Aberdeen, Celtic and possibly hearts fluttered their eyelashes he'd be off.

Similar to any middle of the road English league 1 team tbh.

"Spectacular job down south "

:lol:

Not really, as theres absolutely no chance of it happening, its just annoying that instead of praising him for a tremendous week we end hearing about how bigger United apparently are than us all over the media

You don't half slaver some shite.

He won't go to Utd most likely due to the boardroom machinations etc.

If Aberdeen, Celtic and possibly hearts fluttered their eyelashes he'd be off.

Similar to any middle of the road English league 1 team tbh.

"Spectacular job down south "

:lol:

I'm not daft enough to think hes completely loyal to us, but I do know hes not willing to leave us unless its a substantial step up or its a job that he'd find irresistible. United are neither.

Tommy's not some recently retired player looking to conquer football. He's just turned 52 and has had some personal setbacks in his life. His main motivation appears to be a lifestyle where he and his beloved wife are genuinely happy. Despite some obvious frustrations with Steve Brown at times, the Saints role seems to give them what they were looking for and I think I read they sold up in Ireland to move here full time they loved it all so much. I would imagine it's going to take more than a bigger salary to make him give this up. Like others, I see the Northern Ireland job as his likely next move.

Tommy's not some recently retired player looking to conquer football. He's just turned 52 and has had some personal setbacks in his life. His main motivation appears to be a lifestyle where he and his beloved wife are genuinely happy. Despite some obvious frustrations with Steve Brown at times, the Saints role seems to give them what they were looking for and I think I read they sold up in Ireland to move here full time they loved it all so much. I would imagine it's going to take more than a bigger salary to make him give this up. Like others, I see the Northern Ireland job as his likely next move.

I'd agree with this, I'd only extend it to Linfield on the basis they are most successful club in NI and were previously interested I believe.

For the record I think United will take Pressley, ex-player, out of work and cheap option.

Csaba Laszlo not getting a mention :o?

Bobby Williamson soon to be available as Kenya close to axing him.

In all seriousness, I still tout Yogi despite being a Caley fan, United would be a reasonable job for him and one that I think he would be successful at.

So him to United; Mixu Paatelainen or Stevie Lomas/Richie Foran dream team to Caley ;-).

Archived