Falkirk v Peterhead (Petrofac 2nd Round)

RC55 FFC

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations Peterhead, got what you deserved. Would be great if you could go on to win it!

We were very very poor. Crusing at 2-0, too many thought it was going to be a walk in the park and lost concentration and desire. McCracken and Watson don't make for a very good partnership and Cracks definitely needs dropped for Saturday. Bowman getting caught off his line for the 4th was very poor considering McAllister had lobbed him for the 1st.

I think Houston is determined to be proved right re Smith. He did ok tonight but it was against lower league opposition yet he continually runs down blind alleys and rarely gets a good cross away.

I hope Miller ends up being an option from the bench and we're able to sign a starting striker because continually watching the high punt to the target man is going to be torture otherwise.

I thought Blair Alston was our best man.

Rory McAllister reminds me a wee bit of Kris Boyd in as much as he didn't look very mobile but he took his chances brilliantly.

Well done Peterheid, I hope you do well this season and get Peter Reid's Volvo selt as well!

I went along to this game as an interested neutral. I decided to give a wee cheer to the ex-Shire contingent of Jim McInally, Jamie Stephenson and Andy Rogers. The Peterhead fans were absolutely great tonight and their team thoroughly deserved the win. Belter of a game though.

Fair play to Peterhead, where does that rank in terms of your clubs all time results since you've entered the Scottish leagues?

McCracken got 90 minutes under his belt after being out and although was poor, if it gets him back to fitness then I'm not overly bothered about the result.

Houston gave players who hadn't been playing a chance to impress and now he knows his options going forward. A useful exercise despite a disappointing result.

Fair play to Peterhead, where does that rank in terms of your clubs all time results since you've entered the Scottish leagues?

Pretty high I'd say , we managed a 0-0 away to St Mirren in the Scottish cup a few years ago. We beat fake rangers at Ibrox a couple of years ago (but who hasn't). We have beat championship teams before but I can't remember putting 5 past a team from a higher league.

Archived