The Blue Brazil vs The Primrose & Red Argentina

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought Cowden showed plenty of attacking promise in the 7-1 game - can see you getting a few goals against a team that doesn't have our Incredible Hulk at the back. Scullion added a good bit of no-nonsense defending when he came on. I know you still conceded three goals when he was on but they were all from slick passing and movement - not the gifts you gave us in the first half.

I thought Cowden showed plenty of attacking promise in the 7-1 game - can see you getting a few goals against a team that doesn't have our Incredible Hulk at the back. Scullion added a good bit of no-nonsense defending when he came on. I know you still conceded three goals when he was on but they were all from slick passing and movement - not the gifts you gave us in the first half.

Our defence was horrific in both games against Dunfermline and Nishy has to get that sorted out first and foremost. We have good attacking options this season and I hope Nish puts himself on the bench for this one. The players need to step up and put our recent pumping behind them. We badly need a point or two on the board but just as importantly we need to get a bit of confidence back into the team. Hoping for the 3 points but we certainly can't take anything for granted. Rovers will be tough opponents and will be looking to make the most of our bad start to the season.

We need to sort the defence out big style. Amazing how poor it has become when we still have a back line of Adamson - Armstrong - ?? - Brett which we know is a solid back line at this level. Obviously Chopper has some issues with fitness just now but I'm sure it'll come good.

With regards a loan signing (didn't expect anymore signings to be honest!) a keeper would be nice but by christ we need a decent centre mid! Somebody to make us more solid in the middle. Any word on Beaumont?

For some reason I can't decide if we'll win 3-0 tomorrow or lose 1-0!

At least I got a sun tan in the front of the stand last week.

It's too early to start talking about "must win" games, but this is a "must win" game :unsure2:

Could be a cracker. Nish on the bench, to come on later. Robbie and Luke Armstrong up front. Mr Scullion in defensive midfield, shooting from the half way line. You know it makes sense. 3-1 Cowden.

I never understand the must win game syndrome. Yes the last game of the season v Alloa was indeed a must win. But most must win assessments don't stand up. You lose and the week after somebody says well this one is an absolutely must win game. Lose that and then we upgrade to a game we can't afford to lose. Reality is we could do with winning this one to get things going but judging by 3 league games isn't really an acid test.

We need to sort the defence out big style. Amazing how poor it has become when we still have a back line of Adamson - Armstrong - ?? - Brett which we know is a solid back line at this level. Obviously Chopper has some issues with fitness just now but I'm sure it'll come good.

With regards a loan signing (didn't expect anymore signings to be honest!) a keeper would be nice but by christ we need a decent centre mid! Somebody to make us more solid in the middle. Any word on Beaumont?

If we play the same defence as last week it'll be the latter.

Chopper not being fit is a big, big loss.

At least I got a sun tan in the front of the stand last week.

It's too early to start talking about "must win" games, but this is a "must win" game :unsure2:

Could be a cracker. Nish on the bench, to come on later. Robbie and Luke Armstrong up front. Mr Scullion in defensive midfield, shooting from the half way line. You know it makes sense. 3-1 Cowden.

I see what you did there ;)

The biggest issue seems to be your centre backs,the lad from Livingston just isn't up to it and as mentioned previously Armstrong? Is carrying a bit of timber.

Scullion got absolutely roasted by a straight pass over him for the 5th I think. He was jumping up and down with anger after it as it was poor defending. There wasn't wven any angle on the ball. I'm not sure you were watching the same game but I can excuse you as the excitement of your full time club with 4000 fans managed to beat the smallest club in league football.

I never understand the must win game syndrome. Yes the last game of the season v Alloa was indeed a must win. But most must win assessments don't stand up. You lose and the week after somebody says well this one is an absolutely must win game. Lose that and then we upgrade to a game we can't afford to lose. Reality is we could do with winning this one to get things going but judging by 3 league games isn't really an acid test.

It says so in the CFT. Good enuf for me.

The game's not over till Mr Scullion sends in a howitzer. In his first spell with us, Pat never gave less than 100 %. One win now and the dynamics could change.

Pat got pelters when he signed again. I admit i was one of the sceptics but truth be told when he's been on the park can anyone say he's had a bad game?

Wish some other players had his dig and attitude.

Scullion got absolutely roasted by a straight pass over him for the 5th I think. He was jumping up and down with anger after it as it was poor defending. There wasn't wven any angle on the ball. I'm not sure you were watching the same game but I can excuse you as the excitement of your full time club with 4000 fans managed to beat the smallest club in league football.

So any club with a bigger support than ours or more money than us can't enjoy beating us. Or discuss our players. Should they even be allowed to play us ? They are not allowed to compare crowds but we can when we lose? Think we need to grow a pair.

Archived