Peterhead vs Dunfermline Athletic Saturday 22nd August

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought the pitch looked fantastic actually. Although it won't last too long if there are as many chunks taken out of it week in, week out.

Awful lot of Cowden fans in this thread. Already forgotten the 7-1 shagging apparently :lol: #smalltime

Seems like the main problem we had was allowing ourselves to get involved in a battle rather than a football match. Peterhead are a well organised side who are always going to give us a game. The pars fans calling Peterhead cloggers are daft, this is a physical league, most sides are going to give us a physical game, it is up to us to do as we have done in previous weeks by playing our own game and controlling matches. By the looks of it we didn't do that and got involved in a battle we were never going to win against a more physical side, and we lost as a result of that.

Give Peterhead their dues, they have been fantastic lately and I'd imagine they will win the majority of their games this season, especially if they can keep a hold of McAllister all season. The only thing that should hamper them is injuries and suspensions, as with most teams in this league. Hopefully we can bring in a few players to bolster the squad as having strength in depth and being able to deal with players being unavailable can be a huge deciding factor come the end of the season, this weekend showing this to be an obvious weakness of ours.

Still just one bad result and will hopefully bring the players (and some fans) back down to earth and understand how much it will take to win this league.

Hopefully get a good result on Tuesday against Dundee!

Aye.

Cowden. 12-2. Away and concentrate on your own issues.

So we lost. Not a bad thing, some people were getting a bit above themselves and we need to guard against such complacency.

We'll still win the league though. Everyone in their heart of hearts knows it.

New poster and thought I'd add my views from the trip to Peterhead.

Pars weren't at the races in the first half, we didn't play with that intensity and pace that we have been in recent games that opposition teams have had difficulty coping with.

I thought Peterhead were solid, there a physical side, we all knew that going into the game and we struggled to handle it. Whether it was down to the pitch or not, our passing game was left on the bus and resorted to punting the ball up the park where Peterheads defence handled with relative ease.

I thought we were a bit premature taking Byrne off who has been excellent for us this season, my view may be slightly skewed by the fact I'm not a fan of Falkingham. He was on for what felt like 30secs before conceding a stupid penalty, yes highlights indicated it started just outside the box but it carried on inside so for me it was a clear penalty.

We were very fortunate to go in level as Moffats goal came from nowhere.

At HT Peterhead had a few bookings and I honestly thought the game was there for the taking, if we get back to playing our game, draw in a few more fouls, there was a red card just waiting to happen and we'd take advantage. But again, as the first half started we were a little sloppy. We started to take control of the game, made some chances, Smith made two excellent saves that I recall, the rest were good but saves you'd expect your keeper to make.

AJ decided to go for it by bringing Wallace on rather than settle for the point and credit to him for that, unfortunately it didn't work out and Peterhead caught us with a fairly basic punt up the field which led to the goal.

Really felt we missed Williamson, him and Paton worked really well together and you could see the difference with Martin taking up that position.

Whilst I felt a draw would have been a fair result you couldnt take the win away from Peterhead as overall we weren't good enough.

It may well be the reality check we need, we're not going to cruise through every game and we're going to have to grind out results.

Anyway next week both Forfar and Peterhead have arguably tough away games with us at home to Stranraer, I would like to see us pick up the three points and hopefully see us back on top of league.

Far too sensible a post, you wont last long on here like that.

How is Gilchrist getting on at Peterhead? Good to see him playing every week so far.

Has been pretty good so far, we have had a makeshift defence for most games so will be interesting when players missing return he may be able to concentrate more on his own position.

Disappointing result and hopefully a wake-up call for anyone who thought we were going to skoosh the league. Which was mostly opposition fans tbh...

Definitely need to bring in a right back with Williamson out for a while. Can't see us beating Dundee tonight but I'm confident we can get back to winning ways against Stranraer on Saturday.

Club Statement:

Supporters attending Saturdays match versus Dunfermline Athletic may have been aware of an incident in the club car park where a person received emergency medical treatment. A person was reported as having collapsed and following quick action from Peterhead FC officials and the professionalism from Dunfermline Athletics’ Physiotherapist Kenny Murray the person was resuscitated using the clubs defibrillator.

A defibrillator is a portable machine that can diagnose and treat life threatening cardiac conditions through the application of electrical therapy that allows the heart to re-establish an effective rhythm.

In 2009 the Scottish Football League funded ‘Fit for Football Fit for Life' campaign, where Peterhead FC along with every other member club in the league were provided with a defibrillator and training in their use, this significantly added to the basic first aid that the club can already provide.

The latest update on the person is that they are responding to treatment and all at Peterhead FC wish them a full and speedy recovery. The Club also wishes to express its gratitude to Dunfermline’s Kenny Murray for all his assistance during the incident.

I missed this as I was in late, but glad to hear that whoever it was is making a recovery.

Another club statement, looks like your Physio is a bit of a hero:

The incident outside the stadium before the Dunfermline game involved our loyal supporter Val Pearson. We were required to apply CPR and shock Val with the defibrillator.

We are pleased to report that Val is recovering well and has had 3 stents inserted. He was supposed to be discharged on Friday but has been kept in on a precautionary basis. His wife Irene contacted the club to sincerely thank everyone who was involved and is hoping that Val will be discharged within the next 2-3 days.

We hope to see Val & Irene back at Balmoor very soon.

Archived