Peterhead vs Dunfermline Athletic Saturday 22nd August

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of the hand wringing from Pars fans regarding the refereeing is pretty pathetic tbh. A lot of them are starting to look and sound like paranoid Celtic fans. You get some, you don't get some.

"If you're good enough, then the referee doesn't matter"

Quite simply, on Saturday we weren't. If we were then we would have beaten Smith more than once from open play.

Absolutely this. Refs don't miss chances, refs don't make saves, refs don't make challenges that give away penalties, refs don't score goals etc etc.

Absolutely this. Refs don't miss chances, refs don't make saves, refs don't make challenges that give away penalties, refs don't score goals etc etc.

Aye especially when we had 3 first choice defenders out, you should have rolled over us. Chalk it up as a bad day and get over it, 33 games to go!

New poster and thought I'd add my views from the trip to Peterhead.

Pars weren't at the races in the first half, we didn't play with that intensity and pace that we have been in recent games that opposition teams have had difficulty coping with.

I thought Peterhead were solid, there a physical side, we all knew that going into the game and we struggled to handle it. Whether it was down to the pitch or not, our passing game was left on the bus and resorted to punting the ball up the park where Peterheads defence handled with relative ease.

I thought we were a bit premature taking Byrne off who has been excellent for us this season, my view may be slightly skewed by the fact I'm not a fan of Falkingham. He was on for what felt like 30secs before conceding a stupid penalty, yes highlights indicated it started just outside the box but it carried on inside so for me it was a clear penalty.

We were very fortunate to go in level as Moffats goal came from nowhere.

At HT Peterhead had a few bookings and I honestly thought the game was there for the taking, if we get back to playing our game, draw in a few more fouls, there was a red card just waiting to happen and we'd take advantage. But again, as the first half started we were a little sloppy. We started to take control of the game, made some chances, Smith made two excellent saves that I recall, the rest were good but saves you'd expect your keeper to make.

AJ decided to go for it by bringing Wallace on rather than settle for the point and credit to him for that, unfortunately it didn't work out and Peterhead caught us with a fairly basic punt up the field which led to the goal.

Really felt we missed Williamson, him and Paton worked really well together and you could see the difference with Martin taking up that position.

Whilst I felt a draw would have been a fair result you couldnt take the win away from Peterhead as overall we weren't good enough.

It may well be the reality check we need, we're not going to cruise through every game and we're going to have to grind out results.

Anyway next week both Forfar and Peterhead have arguably tough away games with us at home to Stranraer, I would like to see us pick up the three points and hopefully see us back on top of league.

Aye especially when we had 3 first choice defenders out, you should have rolled over us. Chalk it up as a bad day and get over it, 33 games to go!

I wasn't there so wasn't particularly bothered about the results (defeats happen, I've seen plenty of them). As you say, 33 games to go (unless you're a Cowden fan on here, as according to them our season is now over after 3 games).

New poster and thought I'd add my views from the trip to Peterhead.

Pars weren't at the races in the first half, we didn't play with that intensity and pace that we have been in recent games that opposition teams have had difficulty coping with.

I thought Peterhead were solid, there a physical side, we all knew that going into the game and we struggled to handle it. Whether it was down to the pitch or not, our passing game was left on the bus and resorted to punting the ball up the park where Peterheads defence handled with relative ease.

Our pitch is like a bowling green

If Dunfermline employed the same tactics and had players quite happy to berate a player who is on the ground after that their teammate has blatantly just went out to injure then I would not be back at East End Park until those player and manager were removed.

I'm all for a physical side to the game, but Peterhead are hands down the worst team I have ever seen for this.

da_no_1 going on about showing a bit of class :lol: that's when it's time to close the thread.

Not a clue what you're on about. Pretty much all you've done since ten to five on Saturday is whine about refs & dirty tackles. Really don't think watching football is for you.

Archived