The Big Renfrewshire Derby: Greenock Morton v The Spoon-Burners

Morton should stay in the league comfortably, they will get better also when they get the likes of tidser back playing and if they managed to sign a decent striker again like McManus they could have a very good season.

While we have 'competed' well in three tough fixtures we lack any real quality that'll make the difference between picking up a point and all three. Competing in games won't really be enough to stay in the league if we can't finish teams off like we should've last night.

Tidser will definitely massively improve our team but he's not played a competitive game in what feels like ages (how long as it actually been?) he's going to take a good few games to get up to speed and sharpness.

We definitely need a couple of players one of which being a striker like you said and another addition or two after that would be excellent and we might actually be alright. The squad at the moment is thin and we don't have any strength in depth, even yesterday we had a few development squad players on the bench.

Hopefully you're right though and luckily for us Alloa & Livingston look poor and It'll be between these teams to avoid the drop and relegation place.

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were poor but still managed an Away point with 10 men for nearly half the game. Not bad. There should be another few signing in before the window shuts so we should improve. By how much remains to be seen.

I am a bit surprised nobody has mentioned this.Did anybody see the ref picking up what I take it was coins being launched from the cowshed? I seen him picking them up and sticking them in his pocket then later on giving them to the 4th official...I think there was a Midden player rubbing his head when he was down near the half way line after getting up from a tackle,I thought he had been hit by something.

I am sure there was something getting launched from there when we played Falkirk as well,i remember seeing the stewards heading into that part of the ground during the 2nd half that day.

If this is true get the fcukers named and shamed.

I am a bit surprised nobody has mentioned this.Did anybody see the ref picking up what I take it was coins being launched from the cowshed? I seen him picking them up and sticking them in his pocket then later on giving them to the 4th official...I think there was a Midden player rubbing his head when he was down near the half way line after getting up from a tackle,I thought he had been hit by something.

I am sure there was something getting launched from there when we played Falkirk as well,i remember seeing the stewards heading into that part of the ground during the 2nd half that day.

Aye he defo picked a couple of things off the pitch . I think he was looking over at the match commander too. Maybe spoke to the Lino or 4th official over the microphone . There was 5-6 boys left the cowshed immediately after that. Pretty sharpish too.

I can guarantee one thing: It wasn't shull.

Am I missing something with the Goodwin gif? He clearly gets nudged slightly before his, admittedly ludicrous, fall.

Yeah, he gets nudged and the lad stops looking at the ball because big bad Jim is steaming in.

However, that said, it is a ludicrous swipe, miss and fall and is still pretty funny.

Archived