Lumsden Must Go

If this wasn't regarding my own team I'd be howling with laughter at folk calling for a managers head TWO games into the league season.

Unfortunately it is my own team, so I'm cringing with embarrassed instead :(

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this wasn't regarding my own team I'd be howling with laughter at folk calling for a managers head TWO games into the league season.

Unfortunately it is my own team, so I'm cringing with embarrassed instead :(

With your superior knowledge maybe you can explain just how Lumsden will turn this around with the squad he has put together.

The difference in man management was clear against Montrose who have two guys (who played top flight football) in charge of a team with a load of young players some ex amatuer and junior that made Arbroath look like a bunch of kids kicking the ball about in a Sunday boys team.

I look forward to seeing your master plan

With your superior knowledge maybe you can explain just how Lumsden will turn this around with the squad he has put together.

The difference in man management was clear against Montrose who have two guys (who played top flight football) in charge of a team with a load of young players some ex amatuer and junior that made Arbroath look like a bunch of kids kicking the ball about in a Sunday boys team.

I look forward to seeing your master plan

If you could point me in the direction of the post where I claimed to have 'superior knowledge' or claimed I had a 'master plan' that would be greatly appreciated :)

Personally, I haven't spent any time in the dressing room before, during or after games, I haven't spent any time at training and I certainly haven't been at any team/ individual meetings involving the management team and I haven't spoken to any of the players/ people connected to the players recently so have no feedback on the current management teams man management ability.

Due to this, I won't be making comments on things I have absolutely no idea about.

1 - I am more upset at the manager for screwing up a foorball team that did so well in the preseason and then changed the set up

2 - He stated that he would not be signing loan players, then what happens? two panic buys, one just because he scored against Arbroath, how naive is that?

3 - Arbroath should have cleared out the whole management team when they had the chance,I dont think Linn or Reid (who are probably the best two players at the club) will stay if the manager is kept.

1 - We have been playing with the 4-2-3-1 system for the vast majority of pre season. As far as I can see, our set up has been exactly the same in pretty much every competitive and non competitive game we've played this season?

2 - You are just making up things here. 'Just because he scored against Arbroath'. No management team sign a player on the sole basis he scored against their team. You dislike Lumsden, so are just making snidey, negative remarks with very little basis.

3 - Were you so impressed by the 63 minutes Reid played against Dunfermline that you consider him one of our best players?

Tbf, Arbroath were never going to be amazing this season. You ended up believing your own hype way too much. I liked David Gold as a squad player at Berwick, but he was part of one of the most underachieving squads here in years - and that's saying something. Yet Arbroath fans were banging on about how he was one of, it not their most exciting signing. Arbroath need(ed) a total overhaul. Add to that that Lumsden's record is entirely average, I don't think you were ever gonna be title challengers

If you could point me in the direction of the post where I claimed to have 'superior knowledge' or claimed I had a 'master plan' that would be greatly appreciated :)

Personally, I haven't spent any time in the dressing room before, during or after games, I haven't spent any time at training and I certainly haven't been at any team/ individual meetings involving the management team and I haven't spoken to any of the players/ people connected to the players recently so have no feedback on the current management teams man management ability.

Due to this, I won't be making comments on things I have absolutely no idea about.

1 - We have been playing with the 4-2-3-1 system for the vast majority of pre season. As far as I can see, our set up has been exactly the same in pretty much every competitive and non competitive game we've played this season?

2 - You are just making up things here. 'Just because he scored against Arbroath'. No management team sign a player on the sole basis he scored against their team. You dislike Lumsden, so are just making snidey, negative remarks with very little basis.

3 - Were you so impressed by the 63 minutes Reid played against Dunfermline that you consider him one of our best players?

Why did it only work pre season ?

This has happened with some managers

I don’t dislike him as a person I just think he is not a strong enough character to manage a team

3 - Were you so impressed by the 63 minutes Reid played against Dunfermline that you consider him one of our best players

I wasn’t at that game, maybe it was the goal against United that got me thinking that way

What does the ref. to Baikie mean?

Why did it only work pre season ?

This has happened with some managers

I don’t dislike him as a person I just think he is not a strong enough character to manage a team

3 - Were you so impressed by the 63 minutes Reid played against Dunfermline that you consider him one of our best players

I wasn’t at that game, maybe it was the goal against United that got me thinking that way

What does the ref. to Baikie mean?

You said Lumsden 'changed the set up'. Are you now agreeing this is NOT the case, and that we have played 4-2-3-1 in all our competitive and non competitive games so far?

I think there are various reasons why it worked in pre season and hasn't in our two friendly games so far. It ties into exactly why fans shouldn't read anything into pre season results. If you look at our starting 11, we don't have any bite/ dig/ someone who will do the kicking in the centre of the park. It is very reminiscent of the season we were relegated from League 1, where up until Kevin Nicol was signed we consistently lost the game in the middle of the park due to having too many ball players and not having a tough tackling organiser in there.

The second large difference in the amount of time players have on the ball. In competitive matches, suddenly that yard or two of space that you were afforded in the pre season kick about doesn't exist, and you have to be thinking and reacting a lot quicker. Unfortunately, I feel almost all of our midfield still feel they will be given time and space and when closed down quickly they're struggled to do the basics so far. We need to be far quicker with the ball throughout the midfield, and prime example of this is Gold losing the ball for the third goal yesterday. It's somewhat of a surprise this is the case considering it wasn't particularly an issue against Hearts, who're obviously several yards faster than us all over the park.

Thirdly, in pre season it is very rare for the opposition to have individual instructions when it comes to marking/ tracking the opposition, as these games are much more for fitness and focusing on your own game, not the oppositions. Yesterday it was apparent that Montrose were under clear instruction to keep two men on Bobby Linn at all times, and to close down Stewart/ Clarke quickly whenever they had the ball to not allow them to feed the ball into the quicker players playing in front of them.

Like yourself, I have a variety of concerns about Todd's management ability, I would be naive not too, but I will certainly give him the first quarter of the season to show what he can do before calling for him to leave the club! In my opinion he has certainly made a few mistakes tactically and in terms of substitutions in the opening two league matches, but he has to be given ample time to prove he can learn from these. He also has to be given time to get to know his players and what they can/ can't do. If it gets to a situation where he has had ample time and he is getting things wrong more often than not and asking players to do jobs they're not up to doing, then I will press the panic button.

Just to clear the Ramsay/ Reid comments up and make sure I'm understanding this. Your berating Lumsden for supposedly signing Ramsay based on a single goal he scored in pre season against us, while at the same time stating you think Reid is one of our best players based on a goal he scored in pre season?

Am not sure what formation we played yesterday, but it does appear he has assembled a squad with the intention to play a 4-2-3-1 formation, but also yesterday it was glaringly obvious that the team yesterday, had no clue whatsoever on what they were supposed to be doing, neither Coult or Grehan are mobile enough to play up front on their own, also that Hay and Munro needed help from a defensive midfielder as they were up against Fraser and Campbell who were very mobile

Nothing wrong with the personnel we just don't seem to have a game plan that suits a lot of work needing done because in two games so far I wouldn't say the opposition we're better players but they certainly were much better teams with a clear game plan that was executed to perfection.As for the sack the manager nonsense go boil yer heeds.

Speckeyboycunt will be delighted with that today. Furiously wanking off thinking of the abuse he can hurl at Lumsden

You mean like like the w**k fest you used to have hurling abuse at Sheerin

Sounds familiar, in fact very like his last season with us when we continually skirted with relegation for the entire year!!!

Complete "Prize Guy" of a fancydan, when the going gets tough Linn is posted missing and eventually fucks off, not a guy you would want in the trenches with you, when it's all going great he's top of the heap but when he has to fight and scrap he doesn't want to know!!!

Agreed but Bobby didn't help him much today

I think his form sums it up at the minute, absolute nae confidence :(

Aye Bobby had a poor game,

That's the start!!!

Archived