Andrew Neil

Elixir

James O'Brien. Who has the added benefit of being Not A Fucking Tory, unlike the entire fucking rest of them.

Rest of them? Who do you mean? Nick Robinson was the National Chairman of the Young Conservatives but he does not come across as a partisan Tory in the television.

David Dimbleby and John Humphreys are not Tories. The Dimbleby family, through their local newspaper empire, had a history of supporting the Liberals.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye, he's a good interviewer, much avoided. Apparently David Cameron and Ed Miliband refused to be interviewed by him in the General Election campaign. Not sure if Nicola Sturgeon appeared on his shows, I think she might have?

She did indeed. Got fair skewered too.

Jeremy Paxman at his best was unbeatable. Tough and uncompromising.

Dimbleby and Humphreys are good but getting on a bit. Stephen Sackur is okay.

The rest of the Beeb's interviewers are pretty dismal. Jeremy Vine is just smug and irritating.

Justin Webb on the Today programme is the worst I can think of. Went native when he was BBC's man in Washington and defended American torture, gun laws and the whole Iraq debacle.

I met that Andrew Neil once. Standing at the prebooked taxi hovel, waiting for 'All the Fours' to work out where Edinburgh Airport was, black taxi parks up, driver asks me if I'm Mr Neil. "No mate" says I, cos I'm not. Five minutes later, a wee man in a big coat wearing a yellow tie and with a brillo pad on his head walks up. "I think that's your taxi there" says I. "Thanks" says he, gets in to the taxi and departs. Doesn't even tip me a farthing. Still, proper gent he was.

True story. Forty minutes I was waiting for that bloody taxi

I met that Andrew Neil once. Standing at the prebooked taxi hovel, waiting for 'All the Fours' to work out where Edinburgh Airport was, black taxi parks up, driver asks me if I'm Mr Neil. "No mate" says I, cos I'm not. Five minutes later, a wee man in a big coat wearing a yellow tie and with a brillo pad on his head walks up. "I think that's your taxi there" says I. "Thanks" says he, gets in to the taxi and departs. Doesn't even tip me a farthing. Still, proper gent he was.

True story. Forty minutes I was waiting for that bloody taxi

More fool you. Correct answer was "yes, I'm Mr Neil, take me to [your address]".

Archived