Hibernian v Stranraer

Clayhole Blue

Much more solid defensive display. Said during second half of Ayr game that perhaps we needed to bring in Mair for his experience and organisation in place of the young Keenan. Reid agreed and it worked really well. Weren’t troubled too much by a very poor Hibs side when in the final third. Own goal was unfortunate but slightly self inflicted when Bell gave ball away. Best save of the night was actually by Hibs keeper from Malcolm late in first half. Andy Stirling was excellent and caused some problems. Bang on form just now he is. Overall I suppose 1-0 was about right as we didn’t offer much going forward. Hibs started positively but for all their neat build up play, there was little end product with our keeper having a few very straight forward saves, one really good one and an early shot hitting the bar. Based on what I saw, i wouldn’t be surprised if Hibs end up playing second tier football for a 3rd season running and finish a good 20+ points behind Rangers. Cannot believe they gave Stubbs a contract extension in the summer as well. For us, some encouragement to proceed with ahead of an equally testing trip on Saturday to East End Park.

Much more solid defensive display. Said during second half of Ayr game that perhaps we needed to bring in Mair for his experience and organisation in place of the young Keenan. Reid agreed and it worked really well. Weren’t troubled too much by a very poor Hibs side when in the final third. Own goal was unfortunate but slightly self inflicted when Bell gave ball away. Best save of the night was actually by Hibs keeper from Malcolm late in first half. Andy Stirling was excellent and caused some problems. Bang on form just now he is. Overall I suppose 1-0 was about right as we didn’t offer much going forward. Hibs started positively but for all their neat build up play, there was little end product with our keeper having a few very straight forward saves, one really good one and an early shot hitting the bar. Based on what I saw, i wouldn’t be surprised if Hibs end up playing second tier football for a 3rd season running and finish a good 20+ points behind Rangers. Cannot believe they gave Stubbs a contract extension in the summer as well. For us, some encouragement to proceed with ahead of an equally testing trip on Saturday to East End Park.

Ouch! :lol:

Won't go down well. Some Hibees seem to think that because they were 6 points behind Rangers last year and caught them, they'll do so again. Forgetting maybe that Rangers weren't top. Sevco have a different side this year and different manager. Hibs still have Stubbs and Petrie.

Archived